Time to Re-assess Trump's Chances

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Time to Re-assess Trump's Chances

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ddawg wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote: So it's possible it was said, it's possible it wasn't.
Baloney. I guarantee 100% that Ezra Taft Benson did make that statement. Ezra Taft Benson did not issue an official opinion with a fake pen name of "Mike Thompson" on some blog, from the spirit world. Remember, this "blog" post was in 2009. Ezra Taft Benson died in 1994. No talk or official statement has connected Ezra Taft Benson with did statement. It did not not happen.
Whether President Benson said it or not is a side issue. The statement is worth considering on its merits. As for me, I'm not voting for either of them. They are unworthy to be President and will both in their own arrogance, pride, and idiocy propel us further down the road to the demise of our nation.
I disagree. It's not worth considering if it's fraudulent. It is not scripture. It's not a statement from a prophet or one of the Apostles. It's a fabricated statement from an anonymous dude.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Hillary or Trump, they are the only 2 candidates that have a chance to be elected president. Voting for one of the 3rd party candidates might make you feel good. But none of them have a chance to occupy the oval office. This election cycle is too important to sit on the sidelines or flush your vote down the toilet. This nation is sadly filed with apathetic, dishonest, selfish and stupid people. It difficult to watch a great nation enter it's death spiral.

With that - I am done. Best wishes.
While we will disagree here, more than anything else I wish you the best too. You're a good guy.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Newt Gingrinch, runner-up for Trump's VP slot and one of his most ardent defenders had this to say yesterday:
The current race is which of these two is the more unacceptable, because right now, neither of them is acceptable. Trump is helping her to win by proving he is more unacceptable than she is.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

The latest reports about Trump demanding why we can't use nuclear weapons on our enemies multiple times during a security briefing have a lot of people, even former supporters souring on him.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

It's almost getting sad to watch. His numbers appear to be in a free-fall now. As it starts not to look good for him he says another crazy thing almost every day. Yesterday he says if he loses, whatever, he'll just go on a long vacation. He's in it only for himself and doesn't care about being part of a team with the other Republican leaders of the country. I think he's just starting to troll everyone now. Prominent Republicans around the country are jumping ship left and right, and GOP members of the house and senate are running away from him as their numbers suffer because of their endorsements of him.

He won't want to feel like he lost, so as weird as it might seem, given his unpredictability I wouldn't be totally shocked if he conceded before the election even happens. He has no chance to win at this point. Even Utah is in play. If you can't stomach Hillary the only rational thing to do is vote for Johnson or the Constitution party or the new independent candidate from Utah. Johnson is on all 50 ballots though. if you still say those guys can't win either, it doesn't matter. Vote for someone you like because Trump is a lost cause anyway. But if you genuinely like him for whatever reasons I will never understand, go ahead. Just don't vote for him as a lesser of two evils because he can't win anyway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/us/po ... .html?_r=0

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Then there's this: conservative legal scholars weigh in on the supreme court issue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/con ... tqounpcik9

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...