Libertarians and gender neutral locker rooms

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Libertarians and gender neutral locker rooms

Post by KingCoug »

I'm way late to this thread but I'm surprised at some of the opinions I'm reading here. Am I on a BYU forum or am I on UteFans or the comment section of the Tribune?

Transgenders (and I reluctantly even use that term since there's really no such thing) don't have "the right" to use whatever bathroom they "identify with." The very idea is absurd and that it's even seriously discussed on society today shows just how bad things have gotten.

What shows the hypocrisy of it all is, you can have someone who's anorexic and sees themselves as fat while weighing 80 lbs and everyone agrees they're mentally ill and needs help. But if someone sees themselves as the opposite sex of what they actually are, we're supposed to laud them for their bravery. It's the same thing - both are mentally ill and need treatment - but one is politicized while the other is not.

Unfortunately, the debate over who uses what bathroom is only a part of a larger problem - the desire by some in society to increasingly blur the lines between male and female. In their warped view of things, it's all interchangeable so it is no surprise these same people see nothing wrong with gay marriage. Every time you turn around they're attempting to mold some part of society in their image. One if the latest things is pushing for women to register for the draft.

Where does it end? Better yet, how does any of this agreement with what we read in The Proclamation on the Family? I ask that because, again, we're on a BYU board so none of this should even be an issue here.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

KingCoug wrote: What shows the hypocrisy of it all is, you can have someone who's anorexic and sees themselves as fat while weighing 80 lbs and everyone agrees they're mentally ill and needs help. But if someone sees themselves as the opposite sex of what they actually are, we're supposed to laud them for their bravery. It's the same thing - both are mentally ill and need treatment - but one is politicized while the other is not.
Anorexia can be cured. Being gay or transgendered cannot. Education is better than ignorance. Love is better than denial.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael ... sex-change

"Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Mars wrote:
KingCoug wrote: What shows the hypocrisy of it all is, you can have someone who's anorexic and sees themselves as fat while weighing 80 lbs and everyone agrees they're mentally ill and needs help. But if someone sees themselves as the opposite sex of what they actually are, we're supposed to laud them for their bravery. It's the same thing - both are mentally ill and need treatment - but one is politicized while the other is not.
Anorexia can be cured. Being gay or transgendered cannot. Education is better than ignorance. Love is better than denial.
Even if we're to go with your assumption that identifying as the opposite sex can't be cured, that puts no obligation on society to go along with their delusions.

Education is better than ignorance? Love is better than denial?

Nice platitudes but buying into the LGBTQ agenda isnt educational and the spiritually immature pit love against obedience.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director