Trump 42%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 10%

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Trump 42%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 10%

Post by jvquarterback »

This is the second poll showing a libertarian candidate in double digits. He needs 15% to make the debates.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interac ... se-may-18/

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Trump 42%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 10%

Post by snoscythe »

Also supports the notion that Johnson would draw equally from Clinton and Trump--this poll shows 3% from each.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I hope he gets 15 percent. He makes a lot more sense than either of the other two.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Not a fan of Johnson's VP selection though.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I'd love to have Johnson part of the debates though I don't think I'll vote for him. I have libertarian leanings but I'm not Libertarian. I would definitely vote for him over Trump or Clinton and if I were polled I'd say I was supporting him to get him to the 15% mark.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Johnson belongs in the debates but I have serious doubts the debate commission would ever actually honor that 15% rule. They might for a true independent like a Ross Perot, but any candidate from another party they will do anything possible to make sure they don't have to allow them to debate. They exist for the sole purpose of maintaining the two-party monopoly in American politics. The problem is that no one can hit that 15% threshold if the poll doesn't include them in the question, and most polls are commissioned by one side or the other and have a vested interest in not letting a third party candidate muddy the waters.

Let's just say sometime over the next few months three polls find Johnson with more than 15% but ten others don't even give the respondent a chance to select Johnson. The truth in those polls would be that we wouldn't know for sure how many might have chosen Johnson. But what would happen is the debate commission would assume 0% for Johnson in those, add that to the three where he gets over 15% and say the average falls well below 15%. It's not accurate and not fair, but that's what they would do. It's how the continual scam against third parties works. Kudos to Fox for including Johnson in the question. unfortunately this is the exception an and not the rule.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

People are so disgusted with the two that they want a third choice. I won't watch the debate if it is just the two clowns.
Last edited by scott715 on Mon May 23, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Do Trump or Clinton even have to attend a debate if they don't want to?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Mars wrote:Do Trump or Clinton even have to attend a debate if they don't want to?
No, I don't think they have to.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

If Trump were smart, which he is not, he would schedule a debate right now with Sanders.