No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Post by Ddawg »

BlueK wrote: As our friend here Hawkwing said in a different thread, if Trump can so easily threaten Muslims, he could easily turn on Mormons as well.
100% paranoid hogwash. Ridiculous crap - based on nothing.

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: No doubt Clinton is bad. But Trump is still worse for me. This article sums it up well

Post by BlueK »

Ddawg wrote:
BlueK wrote: As our friend here Hawkwing said in a different thread, if Trump can so easily threaten Muslims, he could easily turn on Mormons as well.
Hopefully you're right about this specific point. But the concern about Trump and religious freedom is hardly based on nothing. It's based on things Trump has said that strongly indicate he doesn't care about the bill of rights. Please read the articles I posted and comment specifically on those points if you want. The Constitutional reasons for opposing Trump are not frivolous and are being made by many republicans, conservatives and libertarians who are very concerned about the seeming lack of respect Trumps numerous comments have toward basic Constitutional principles. Yes, I'm worried about what he might do with Presidential power. Senator Cruz couldn't endorse him last night.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Let's be honest, Trump isn't threatening Muslims because of their belief in the prophet Mohammad and their adherence to the Qu'ran. Trump is "threatening" Muslims because the preponderance of terrorist attacks around the world are being perpetrated by Muslims.

If the majority of terror attacks were led by Tibetan monks seeking independence from communist China he would probably be calling for a ban on Tibetan people. If the majority of terrorists were Filipinos he'd be threatening them.

His "threats" towards Muslims isn't based on religious beliefs.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BlueK wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
BlueK wrote: Hopefully you're right about this specific point.
Hopefully? I have no idea what you life's experience is - but you're entering the realm of black helicopters and tin foil hats.

Big question - why does Trump want to stop the immigration of Muslim's?

Answer - Because radical Muslim's have declared war on the U.S. We need to stop the immigration flow of Muslim's, and people from predominantly Muslim nations until we can revamp the immigration process and properly, throughly, effectively "vet" people and find out who they really are before they enter the U.S. and slaughter innocent Americans. France ring a bell?

Is Trump picking on Muslim's? He is not singing out a faith. He is singling out the source of the radical terrorists that have declared war on western civilization - radical jihadi Islam.

Your concerns about Trump picking on Mormon's is baseless.

If Cruz did n to have the class to endorse Trump last night (as he did not), he should not have spoken at the RNC. It was classless. Cruz's actions last night hurt him the same way Christie's hug of Obama just before the 2012 election hurt him in 2016. Both men showed poor judgment.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

SpiffCoug wrote:Let's be honest, Trump isn't threatening Muslims because of their belief in the prophet Mohammad and their adherence to the Qu'ran. Trump is "threatening" Muslims because the preponderance of terrorist attacks around the world are being perpetrated by Muslims.

If the majority of terror attacks were led by Tibetan monks seeking independence from communist China he would probably be calling for a ban on Tibetan people. If the majority of terrorists were Filipinos he'd be threatening them.

Bingo! Thank Heaven, a clear thinking mind! Praise Allah!!!! 8) :lol:

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Sacrifice Liberty for safety. Got it.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

Ddawg wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Let's be honest, Trump isn't threatening Muslims because of their belief in the prophet Mohammad and their adherence to the Qu'ran. Trump is "threatening" Muslims because the preponderance of terrorist attacks around the world are being perpetrated by Muslims.

Many inside the convention shouted "traitor" when Cruz didn't endorse as Trump shook his fist in anger. What punishment do you propose for that shameful act? Should we give Cruz the death penalty?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

BlueK wrote:
Ddawg wrote:

Many inside the convention shouted "traitor" when Cruz didn't endorse as Trump shook his fist in anger. What punishment do you propose for that shameful act? Should we give Cruz the death penalty?
Ok, now you've gone from the world of "black helicopters and tin foil hats" to the world of "ridiculous & looney."

Ted Cruz is a very smat guy that did a really stupid thin on a national stage. He should have taken the high road, as Ronald Reagan did in 1976. Gerald Ford won the nomination with 1,121delegates. Ronald Reagan came in a close 2nd with 1,078 delegates. Ronald Reagan did not act like Ted Cruz. Reagan had class.

Let's step back from the ledge and back into 2012. Let's imagine we are on the floor of the 2012 RNC presidential conventional in Tampa, Florida. Mitt Romney is the presumptive nominee. Mitt won 42 primaries and 10 million popular votes. Rick Santorum came is a distant 2nd. He won 11 primaries, and essentially 4 million votes (actually, he got 3,932,069 vote if you want to get picky).

No question Santorum was seriously disappointed he did not win the primary nomination. He wasn't the presidency badly. I think he has run 3x. Imagine how all the Utah folks would have felt id Santorum had a small but loud contingency at the RNC thing to change the runes and get Romney tossed out as the nominee because they did not like him for whatever reason. Then, imagine Santorum addressing the RNC, from prime time, on national TV, and refusing to endorse Mitt Romney, and telling everyone to "vote their conscience" instead of for Mitt Romney. It would be outrageous. Mitt Romney won the nomination "fair and square." He deserves the support of candidates that lost - as tough as that is - and the support of the GOP faithful - because he won the primary process and he is "our guy." Like him or not, Mitt won the title of GOP presidential nominee.

Fast forward to 2016. Instead of Mitt Romney we have a guy named Donald Trump. Same scenario. He won the nomination "fair and square." Like him or not, he is the GOP presidential nominee. You do not try to embarrass or upstage the GOP nominee at his presidential conventional. It shows a lack of class and a lack of unity in a serious struggle to save this teetering nation.

If Cruz had any integrity and respect for the established process - he would have honored his pledge to support the GOP nominee. Knowing he was not going to keep his word, Cruz should have declined the speaking spot last night rather than try to upstage the GOP nominee. Cruz only hurt himself.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Trump may have won more votes than any other previous GOP candidate in the primaries, but he also won the lowest percentage of GOP primary voters since Richard Nixon in 1968.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

SpiffCoug wrote:Trump may have won more votes than any other previous GOP candidate in the primaries, but he also won the lowest percentage of GOP primary voters since Richard Nixon in 1968.
Like Trump or not - he still won the GOP primary process and the nomination - fair and square. Time to move on and defeat Hillary.