Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

Post by SpiffCoug »

Again, when he loses 40 states, don't come whining to those of us who won't vote for your guy.

I will not vote for Hillary either, but it won't be on my conscience.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
blue42
Senior

Re: Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

Post by blue42 »

May the Lord forgive us as a nation! It is amazing how fast we have fallen, to think now we have a choice between an amoral sleaze ball and an amoral sleaze ball! THESE TWO really are the best candidates we could come up with? The only solace I can take from this is knowing this is another step down the path of what has been prophesized to happen to our great country.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I honestly never cared for Cruz and only supported him in the face of Trump. Now we will see what a woman lead presidency looks like at least.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

I voted Cruz in Ohio. But I will vote for Trump. The Left must not win. if you voted for Romney in the last election then voting for Trump should not be an issue. Up to four Supreme Court justices may be appointed within the next 8 years. But I think he wins the general in a landslide in at least 40 states provided the RINOs don't put up a third party candidate. Understand they wanted Cruz to win the nomination do they could help him lose too and then thumb their noses at you and say to us to just do as they say and stop complaining. The establishment wants the status quo and that is what is killing our country. The continue to allow evil liberals to get everything they wanted. We gave them the house and senate and they still fully funded obamacare. They fully funded his amnesty. They have blocked or stopped virtually nothing. And now they are waivering in caving to Obama regarding a sup ct justice. And if you couldn't tell or didn't know it Romney walks almost in lock step with these guys. That's why he came out with that speech of his. The establishment said they needed him to do it and he promptly complied. We don't need leadership like this. We need a pres for the people and not for the system. Both parties in control are happy with bigger gov. Cruz could have been a great pres but it's not happening this time. What I would love would be for Trump to tap him for VP and maybe in 4 years Trump says one term is enough and turns his support to Cruz. That would be the worst nightmare for the establishment. At the least I hope if Cruz isn't Don's vp then he gets nominated to the sup court provided they don't cave over the rest of the year and confirm obama's pick. But good luck sitting this one out. Just don't complain if Hillary wins. Do understand that this is the attitude that cost us four years ago. And those "conservatives" that didn't show up out of principle voted for Obama with their feet something a true conservative would not do.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I think it will actually be positive for the country and the Republicans when Donald loses the election in the biggest margin of defeat ever experienced.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

How have we come to this? How have we come to this? I won't vote for HRC, but I will NEVER vote for Trump. Help us John Kasich. You're our only hope.
Last edited by BoiseBYU on Wed May 04, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

hawkwing wrote:I think it will actually be positive for the country and the Republicans when Donald loses the election in the biggest margin of defeat ever experienced.
Look at how the Democrats have recovered from their crushing defeat at the hands of Reagan, and the Trump loss will be far bigger, so it will hopefully speed the recovery.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

imuakahuku wrote:I voted Cruz in Ohio. But I will vote for Trump. The Left must not win. if you voted for Romney in the last election then voting for Trump should not be an issue. Up to four Supreme Court justices may be appointed within the next 8 years. But I think he wins the general in a landslide in at least 40 states provided the RINOs don't put up a third party candidate. Understand they wanted Cruz to win the nomination do they could help him lose too and then thumb their noses at you and say to us to just do as they say and stop complaining. The establishment wants the status quo and that is what is killing our country. The continue to allow evil liberals to get everything they wanted. We gave them the house and senate and they still fully funded obamacare. They fully funded his amnesty. They have blocked or stopped virtually nothing. And now they are waivering in caving to Obama regarding a sup ct justice. And if you couldn't tell or didn't know it Romney walks almost in lock step with these guys. That's why he came out with that speech of his. The establishment said they needed him to do it and he promptly complied. We don't need leadership like this. We need a pres for the people and not for the system. Both parties in control are happy with bigger gov. Cruz could have been a great pres but it's not happening this time. What I would love would be for Trump to tap him for VP and maybe in 4 years Trump says one term is enough and turns his support to Cruz. That would be the worst nightmare for the establishment. At the least I hope if Cruz isn't Don's vp then he gets nominated to the sup court provided they don't cave over the rest of the year and confirm obama's pick. But good luck sitting this one out. Just don't complain if Hillary wins. Do understand that this is the attitude that cost us four years ago. And those "conservatives" that didn't show up out of principle voted for Obama with their feet something a true conservative would not do.
Agree, mostly. 4 years ago I voted for Romney, but was not happy about it, for the same reasons you outlined above. He is a status quo, don't rock the boat, yes man for the republican party. puppet on a string. When the republican party decides to give us a real candidate with morals and with plans to actually turn this ship around, I'll get excited about voting as a republican again. Right now you could vote D or R and it doesn't matter. you'll get the same results with both currently.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

[*]
BoiseBYU wrote:How have we come to this? How have we come to this? I won't vote for HRC, but I will NEVER vote for Trump. Help us John Kasich. You're our only hope.
Why would you want Kasich. He is pro amnesty and even stated he will legalize the illegal aliens within the first 100 days. He is pro global warming-what a great way to waste the US's wealth on a hoax and a fraud to combat plant food. He would be better than HC but at this point anyone or even a rock would be better than a democrat progressive liberal. If we get anyone other than Trump that is left in the race then say hello to more things like gay marriage. I wanted a ticket with Cruz and Carson but we don't always get what what we want. At least the people are getting a say in it this time instead of running up RINOs like Dole and Mcain.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I honestly cannot believe how easily Trump, who is a life-long Democratic supporter and one of Hillary Clinton's biggest donors has convinced so many people that he's more conservative than anyone that's ever been in the republican party (at least for the last 20 years).

Trump isn't even a RINO because he's not even a Republican in name!