Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Post by Mars »

jvquarterback wrote: all the Mormons baiting Trump, who is very likely to win the nomination and the presidency
lol

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Post by SpiffCoug »

The Donald has said women who have abortions should be punished, possibly with jail time. When has Cruz said women who have abortions should be punished?

The Donald has said he is perfectly ok with raising taxes on the wealthy.
When has Cruz said taxes on the wealthy should be raised?

The Donald has said he admires tyrants like Putin.
When has Cruz said tyrants like Putin are good leaders?

The Donald has bragged about having affairs with married women.
When has Cruz said he enjoys having affairs with married women?

The Donald wants to change the GOP's platform on abortion.
When has Cruz said the GOP platform position on abortion should change?

The Donald opposes free trade.
When has Cruz said free trade is wrong?

The Donald wants to impose extremely high tariffs that will further stifle the economy.When has Cruz said would should impose high tariffs?

The Donald wants to economically imprison businesses so that they can't leave the country.
When has Cruz said companies who try to leave or more jobs overseas should be punished?

Sorry, but Trump's "positions" on these issues are very different than Cruz's and he's wrong on every single one of them.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

jvquarterback wrote:all the Mormons baiting Trump, who is very likely to win the nomination and the presidency, are even more stupid than they are naive in their unfounded belief that Trump is any different than Cruz, Kasich, or Clinton.
You're right, we probably are stupid, because if The Donald wins, he likely isn't going to forget those who opposed him. And he'll have no qualms about using the federal government to get back at those who opposed The Donald.

When The Donald winds up losing 40 states in November. Don't come complaining to me. It will not be my fault he loses. It'll be yours and all the voters who bought what that snake oil salesman was pitching.

Oh, one more thing. Cruz didn't call Bill and Hillary Clinton before deciding to run for president. Trump is playing one of the biggest cons in American history. I'm sorry you've fallen for it.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

How has Trump conned me? I'm not voting for him. I think he's full of crap. But so are Cruz and Clinton. On some issues Trump is better than Cruz, on some Cruz is better than Trump, though that list is actually pretty short and gets shorter regularly. Both are better than Clinton. None of them will be better than the Constitution party candidate and there's a good chance the libertarian candidate will be better.

Cruz or the media or something has conned you into thinking Trump is any worse than Cruz or Kasich.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

jvquarterback wrote:How has Trump conned me? I'm not voting for him. I think he's full of crap. But so are Cruz and Clinton. On some issues Trump is better than Cruz, on some Cruz is better than Trump, though that list is actually pretty short and gets shorter regularly. Both are better than Clinton. None of them will be better than the Constitution party candidate and there's a good chance the libertarian candidate will be better.

Cruz or the media or something has conned you into thinking Trump is any worse than Cruz or Kasich.
Bingo! Spot on assessment. We live in an imperfect world. However, we do know exactly what Hillary Clinton is - by her history in office. No person in the history of the USA has gone to such extreme measure to be no-transparent as Hillary Clinton with her home brewed server. She did everything she could to conceal and hide her communications to sidestep federal law and FOIA. And she then deleted and wiped 30,000+ emails that belonged to the American people - to conceal her actions. What was so devious and secretive that she does not want anyone to know about? How about coordinating her activities as Secretary of State with foreign govt's, with foreign donations to her Clinton Foundation? Lies about those actions - lie upon lie. To think in any way that Hillary Clinton is a better choice than anyone the GOP eventually nominates is delusional.

Hillary is an an evil, underhanded schemer who has proven the law and Constitution mean nothing to her. Just a bump in the road to be steamrolled.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Trump's latest talking points about the middle east have included using nuclear bombs and sending troops to take away the oil. Not sure how that's getting out of the absurdity of the middle east.

Oh and that he doesn't need any advisors on the middle east because he understands the situation there better than anyone else on earth.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:Trump's latest talking points about the middle east have included using nuclear bombs and sending troops to take away the oil. Not sure how that's getting out of the absurdity of the middle east.

Oh and that he doesn't need any advisors on the middle east because he understands the situation there better than anyone else on earth.
Just vote for Hillary. No problem. She'll fix the Middle East just like she did Libya and Ukraine. Batting 1,000%.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Trump's latest talking points about the middle east have included using nuclear bombs and sending troops to take away the oil. Not sure how that's getting out of the absurdity of the middle east.

Just vote for Hillary. No problem. She'll fix the Middle East just like she did Libya and Ukraine. Batting 1,000%.
She won't fix the middle east, but she won't mess it up as badly as Trump.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:

She's already working in collusion with people over there that want to destroy the US, Western Society, and everything it stands for, all for more money in her coffers. I don't think it gets much worse than that. Instead of some soldiers dying, we'll have civilians dying on American soil.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:
Ddawg wrote:

Hogwash. Are you anti-2nd Amendment? Hillary is - big time. Do you want to continue open borders and importing 100's thousand Middle Eastern Muslim's that are unvetted and will turn the USA into a Muslim ghetto like Europe? Hillary will - because that's what Obama is doing. You want American gun and ammo mfg's branded as terrorist enablers? Hillary believes that.

Hillary is owned by foreign Muslim countries that do not give a crap about the USA or our culture, let alone our Constitution. Hillary has accepted and continues to accept literally $100's millions from those foreign Middle Eastern interests. Our foreign policy will not protect our interests or those of our allies (Israel). You don't give a crap about those issues - vote Hillary.

Hillary's SCOTUS nominees will shred the Constitution - guaranteed. Vote for Hillary.

God Bless.