Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Post by jvquarterback »

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything Trump could say that is worse than threatening nuclear war in the middle east, though he may give it a shot. Cruz's foreign policy might even be worse than anything Clinton or Sanders have said given his wish to "make the sand glow" in Syria and Iraq.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Post by SpiffCoug »

It's a stupid remark. But you don't need nukes to make the sand glow.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Re: Cruz: "Make the sand glow in the Middle East" and "move US embassy to Jerusalem."

Post by snoscythe »

jvquarterback wrote:Unfortunately I don't think there is anything Trump could say that is worse than threatening nuclear war in the middle east, though he may give it a shot. Cruz's foreign policy might even be worse than anything Clinton or Sanders have said given his wish to "make the sand glow" in Syria and Iraq.
He's been saying the same line since December, all in reference to "carpet-bombing" ISIS. Never once has he used it to reference nukes. There's plenty of legitimate criticism of his unrefined plan, but nuclear fear-mongering is not among them.

Here is an example of non-nuclear sand glowing:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

And if any candidate has threatened to actually use nukes, it's been Trump.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/03 ... e-nuclear/

(8.4x
..................ATT
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

snoscythe wrote:He's been saying the same line since December, all in reference to "carpet-bombing" ISIS. Never once has he used it to reference nukes. There's plenty of legitimate criticism of his unrefined plan, but nuclear fear-mongering is not among them.
So he's a moron and a liar. Status quo for the morons and liars in the Republican and Democratic party. Bombing something until it glows has been standard parlance for nuclear weapons since the 1940s. But I'll give you that Cruz is too stupid to understand that. This is the same guy who wants to piss off the entire Muslim world by moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

First Cruz said no ground troops to Syria, now he says we have to listen to the "experts" at the Pentagon who recommend sending ground troops to Syria. The day Trump said he would advise himself rather than listen to the morons among the military elite was the day I actually started to think there was a tiny chance he might improve foreign policy. I don't think he would but at least there is a chance.

I'll take a man, no matter how clumsy verbally, who has a bit of restraint when it comes to the death of 4 million people in the Middle East over a man willing to change in the wind and threaten the lives of millions more civilians there simply to placate the war mongers among the Republican Party.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

jvquarterback wrote:
snoscythe wrote:He's been saying the same line since December, all in reference to "carpet-bombing" ISIS. Never once has he used it to reference nukes. There's plenty of legitimate criticism of his unrefined plan, but nuclear fear-mongering is not among them.
So he's a moron and a liar. Status quo for the morons and liars in the Republican and Democratic party. Bombing something until it glows has been standard parlance for nuclear weapons since the 1940s. But I'll give you that Cruz is too stupid to understand that. This is the same guy who wants to piss off the entire Muslim world by moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

First Cruz said no ground troops to Syria, now he says we have to listen to the "experts" at the Pentagon who recommend sending ground troops to Syria. The day Trump said he would advise himself rather than listen to the morons among the military elite was the day I actually started to think there was a tiny chance he might improve foreign policy. I don't think he would but at least there is a chance.

I'll take a man, no matter how clumsy verbally, who has a bit of restraint when it comes to the death of 4 million people in the Middle East over a man willing to change in the wind and threaten the lives of millions more civilians there simply to placate the war mongers among the Republican Party.
Everyone's a moron except you and those who think exactly the same as you. We got it. We've all got it.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

jvquarterback wrote: So he's a moron and a liar.
No, Cruz is a politician. ;) I give most politicians some "latitude" to bluster and posture. I draw the line when they lie to start taking away freedoms (as Obama has done), or lie about the security of this nation (as Obama has done repeatedly about our border, etc.

So, basically, I would not include Ted Cruz in either the moron category (he's very bright), or the liar category (yet - still pretty forthright). He's just a politician running for office.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

jvquarterback wrote:a man willing to change in the wind
The very definition of Donald Trump.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:
jvquarterback wrote:a man willing to change in the wind
The very definition of Donald Trump.
Ouch!! I'll hold "the Donald " for ya - just beat the man!! Ha ha ha!! :lol: :lol:
All in good fun. (Unless we're talking about Obama - no fun there.)

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

jvquarterback wrote:I'll take a man, no matter how clumsy verbally, who has a bit of restraint....
When has Trump ever demonstrated even the smallest modicum of restraint at any point in his life?

(8.4x
..................ATT