Trump a disaster for the Nation and Republicans

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Trump a disaster for the Nation and Republicans

Post by hawkwing »

You find a way to do it or you find a way to compromise to work toward it or you end up not only losing the election but also losing the next 3 or 4 elections minimum because you've turned the largest growing voting block as against you and then none of your grand ideals mean anything at all.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Not talking about ideals. Talking about law. Federal law. Either you follow the law, enforce it, or be like Obama and ignore the law. The laws to secure our border and stop illegals from entering the USA are on the books. It has nothing to do with racism or grand ideals. It's simply laws on the books right now.
Last edited by Ddawg on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Again, here's the challenge: Do you follow the law (U.S. Code Section 1325 in Title 8) that is on the books, or you become a lawless president like Obama?
s.
Illegal alien is defined in U.S.C. 1325
1. Enters or attempts to enter the U.S. at any time or place other than as designated by immigration agents, or,
2. Eludes examination or inspection by immigration agents, or,
3. attempts to enter or obtains entry to the U.S. by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact.

1st time offenders get fine and 6 most in jail - it's a misdemeanor.
2nd time offenders fines and 2 years in jail - it's a felony.

Deportation and ICE are also involved.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

The question is not the law, the law should be enforced or it should be changed. The problem is making broad racially insensitive and inaccurate comments like:

"The people coming from Mexico are rapists and thieves, they bring drugs and crime. Oh, and there's probably some that are good people too."

Yeah, that statement was either the stupidest thing ever said or specifically designed to alienate every Latino legal or illegal in the United States against the Republican party.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:The question is not the law, the law should be enforced or it should be changed. The problem is making broad racially insensitive and inaccurate comments like:

"The people coming from Mexico are rapists and thieves, they bring drugs and crime. Oh, and there's probably some that are good people too."

Yeah, that statement was either the stupidest thing ever said or specifically designed to alienate every Latino legal or illegal in the United States against the Republican party.
True - Trump says insensitive and dumb things. He even makes you cringe. No doubt. That said, do rapists come into this country via illegal immigration? Yes. Do drugs and crime come in via our uncontrolled southern border? Yes. Did Trump state those facts in a clumsy way? Yes.

So, bottom line, did Trump address the criminal element coming across our southern border in a very clumsy and un-diplomatic way? Absolutely. Does that make him a racist? No. Does it piss off a lot of Latino voters? Yes it has. And Trump will pay at the ballot box.

But, look at who Trump will be running against - Criminal Hillary Clinton. Corrupt through and through. She will do nothing to secure out southern border. Trump will.

I have spent 25+ years in L.A. as a Sheriff and as a Paramedic. I have literally been on thousands of medical calls and criminal call involving Illegal Hispanics. Everything from murders, rapes, drug overdoses, delivering children in broken down abandoned houses and in alleys. I've worked on a cop who was gunned down by 3 illegal Mexicans that robbed a small family grocery store in South Central L.A. He was married and had 2 young children at home. As he got out of his police car, all 3 ran up and gunned him down. He still had 1 leg still in his car as I worked on him and tried to save his life. I know they were 3 illegal Mexicans because they were caught later that day. He died, and the border is still wide open. This story has been repeated many times.

I have dozens of stories where I have personally worked desperately to save peoples lives - many illegal Hispanics themselves - killed by illegals in the barrios of L.A. There is a huge problem and a clumsy statement does not erase what is really going on.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Bottom line. Trump is telling GOP voters what he thinks they want to hear so they will support him and vote for him. Then when he wins, he will cast them and their opinions aside and governs has The Donald sees fit. And what The Donald sees fit is what will best for The Donald. And he will begin to use the full force of government to punish those who oppose him and reward those who bend the knee and kiss the ring.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

You're missing the point, a "clumsy" statement as you so eloquently downplay it, does in fact completely eliminate anything the Republicans could have done to fix it.

The republican party went from striking distance to a 50/50 Latino support to nearly 0% support thanks almost entirely to Donald Trump.

His constant attacks on women based on their looks and weight have dropped women's support dramatically as well.

He cannot win.

And as Spiff mentioned, if you're naive enough to believe the latest contradictions out of Trumps mouth that he will govern the way you want him to despite all the previous comments and actions that he has shown then I have some beautiful beach front property to sell you in Arizona.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

No, I get the point. And my point is - I will never vote for Hillary Clinton or stay home and not vote for whoever the GOP nominates. Whoever the GOP ends up nominating is lightyears ahead of putting the criminal Hillary Clinton and her like-minded criminal husband Bill Clinton back on the throne of power.

Again, my point is - I hope Ted Cruz is the nominee. If that is not the case, and it's looking that way. I will support and vote for whoever the GOP nominates. The Dem's are an evil anti-Constitution, open border, anti-Israel propaganda machine. I will never vote for any Democrat or sit home and not pull the lever for for the GOP nominee - whoever that person is.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Okay, so we're back around again. Trump is more evil, more corrupt, and more harmful than Hillary Clinton. That is my belief, your belief is otherwise. That's fine.

We each get to vote to our conscious.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

#NeverTrump means Never Trump. Never. I'll trade four years of Hillary for Trump not killing conservatism.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5293/what ... en-shapiro

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!