Trump a disaster for the Nation and Republicans

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Trump a disaster for the Nation and Republicans

Post by hawkwing »

The great news is that Trump has actually inspired Latinos to vote in record setting numbers. From what I heard there is a 40+% increase in the number of Latinos who are planning to vote this election season, which is great. The more citizens who vote the better.

The downside of course, is that 93% say they will vote for anyone BUT Donald Trump.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:The great news is that Trump has actually inspired Latinos to vote in record setting numbers. From what I heard there is a 40+% increase in the number of Latinos who are planning to vote this election season, which is great. The more citizens who vote the better.

The downside of course, is that 93% say they will vote for anyone BUT Donald Trump.
Why do Latinos not like Trump? If I'm latino he's the first guy I vote for.

Besides the media telling them to hate Trump, what is their reason?

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:The great news is that Trump has actually inspired Latinos to vote in record setting numbers. From what I heard there is a 40+% increase in the number of Latinos who are planning to vote this election season, which is great. The more citizens who vote the better.

Why do Latinos not like Trump? If I'm latino he's the first guy I vote for.

Besides the media telling them to hate Trump, what is their reason?
Maybe you should ask some Latinos.

The idiot Trumpists are going around saying how they're glad to not have the latino and black vote, seeing as 93% of Latinos will not vote for Trump and 95% of blacks polled have said the same thing, but not only will it make it mathematically impossible for Trump to win this election it sets the republicans back at least 50 years by turning minorities even further away from the party. And yes, I have heard several Trump supporters make the claim that they don't want or need minority votes.

All the more proof that Trump is a Democrat trying to destroy the Republican party.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: All the more proof that Trump is a Democrat trying to destroy the Republican party.
You may be right. It's a scary prospect. I do know this (latest from Drudge and Breitbart).
At this point in the GOP primary election process, Trump has received 2 million more votes than Romney did. Conversely, at this point in the Dem primary process, 4.5 million less votes have been cast than back in 2008 when Obama ran the 1st time.

What does this mean? The Dem's are not excited about Hillary and turnout is way down. Whereas, GOP voters are excited. And Trump supporters are super excited. My chance to vote is not till June 7th (CA presidential primary, 8am - 8pm. Anyone not registered, you have till May 23). I will vote for Ted Cruz. Though by that time, Trump will probably have a insurmountable amount of delegates. Who knows? Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm watching the political theater unfold. I've never seen anything like this in my life.

I have no idea whether Trump is part of a Manchurian candidate Democrat plot to destroy the GOP. If it's true. It was executed better than Iranian hostage rescue back in 1980. Which had incredible planning, training and resources poured into it. It's possible Trump, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, and Hillary conspired and have pulled off one of the best run political coups in world history. Somehow I doubt it. I think Trump is a loud mouth rich guy that got lucky and hit a nerve with tax paying, conservative Americans. Trump has said what people are thinking - that their country and their party have abandoned the hard working, tax paying, law abiding American people. They want someone that will stand up for them and fight for them, in a bold and decisive way. Trump is filling that need. Right or wrong. Democrat at heart or true converted Conservative, Trump has tapped into what a lot of GOP folks want - an unapologetic warrior.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Just one correction, Trump has very expressly taped into what angry, white males are thinking and pushed it to an extreme, in so doing has alienated minorities in levels never before seen before.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:Just one correction, Trump has very expressly taped into what angry, white males are thinking and pushed it to an extreme, in so doing has alienated minorities in levels never before seen before.
That makes white conservatives sound like they are racist. I'm a white male, I'm very pissed off at Obama and the what the democrats are doing to this country. I'm very pissed off at the open border and the lies this administration tells about it being secure. I'm very pissed off when people tell me I'm a racist because I want the laws enforced and the sovereign borders of this country protected. The reality is, we have no idea who is coming into our country - and a lot of criminals are coming in. Take that to the bank.

Exactly what is wrong with enforcing existing law and protecting our borders? Why am I, other conservatives, and Trump a racist because we want to control who comes into the U.S. in an organized manner where immigrants are vetted? Try sneaking into Mexico illegally. It's a felony. Felons are not treated well in Mexico.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Ddawg wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Just one correction, Trump has very expressly taped into what angry, white males are thinking and pushed it to an extreme, in so doing has alienated minorities in levels never before seen before.
That makes white conservatives sound like they are racist. I'm a white male, I'm very pissed off at Obama and the what the democrats are doing to this country. I'm very pissed off at the open border and the lies this administration tells about it being secure. I'm very pissed off when people tell me I'm a racist because I want the laws enforced and the sovereign borders of this country protected. The reality is, we have no idea who is coming into our country - and a lot of criminals are coming in. Take that to the bank.

Exactly what is wrong with enforcing existing law, protecting our borders, and controlling who comes into the U.S. in an organized manner where immigrants are vetted?
That's exactly the problem, Donald Trump is fueling the impression that the Republican party and all it's members are racists partly by knowingly and deliberately pandering to the most racist base of the party.

You may argue that Republicans aren't racists but if 93% of latinos and 97% of blacks feel that Donald Trump and the Republican's who vote for him are then it doesn't matter.

Name one demographic group other than poor white males that Donald Trump polls better than 40% in, there isn't one. That says a lot.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote: That's exactly the problem, Donald Trump is fueling the impression that the Republican party and all it's members are racists partly by knowingly and deliberately pandering to the most racist base of the party.

You may argue that Republicans aren't racists but if 93% of latinos and 97% of blacks feel that Donald Trump and the Republican's who vote for him are then it doesn't matter.

Name one demographic group other than poor white males that Donald Trump polls better than 40% in, there isn't one. That says a lot.
I disagree that conservative GOP are racist. That's a liberal Democrat talking point.

Also, the reason 93% of latinos and 97% of blacks don't like Trump is because those same percentages don't like the GOP. Because the dishonest liberal MSM and dishonest Dem's have been hammering the message for 40 years that anyone who is Republican or Conservative is racist. It's a lie. Pure propaganda. The most racist people in the country are the liberal blacks: Black Muslims, Black Lives Matter, Black Panthers, etc. They spew hate filled racist lies all the time - and never get called for it. The MSM and the Dem party are in bed together and very skilled propagandists.

Almost 94% of black voted for Obama. Is that racist? I've seen video of people exiting the polls and asked who they voted for. It was amazing how every black person said they voted for Obama. When asked what policy of Obama's motivated them to vote for him - they had no answer. They voted for him simply because he was black. Racist?

I pretty tired of being told I'm a racist, or fellow Conservatives are racist, because we don't worship at the alter of liberal thought and liberal give-aways. I stand for the Constitution, enforcing laws, and controlling immigration. If that is racist - so be it.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Yeah, we've gone from 45% Latino support to < 7% with Donald Trump. The GOP needs to find ways to spread their message to minorities not further alienate them. Unfortunately with Trump's campaign that's exactly what has happened, every minority group has seen significant drops in GOP support because of Trump.

Trump will not only lose this election, he has made it impossible for the GOP to win any election in the foreseeable future.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:Yeah, we've gone from 45% Latino support to < 7% with Donald Trump. The GOP needs to find ways to spread their message to minorities not further alienate them. Unfortunately with Trump's campaign that's exactly what has happened, every minority group has seen significant drops in GOP support because of Trump.

Trump will not only lose this election, he has made it impossible for the GOP to win any election in the foreseeable future.
In all seriousness, I don't know that Trump will lose this election. And, I do NOT think Trump is pandering to racists. Not at all.

Here's the question Hawk - you're a smart guy. You also work hard, obey the law and pay your taxes. You aee a solid American citizen. So, here is the challenge to you, or any candidate running for president that want to convey a conservative "law and order" message.

Hawk's Presidential Platform:
1. We live by the Constitution and follow the law. If we don't want the law(s) anymore, we go through the legal process of changing the law. Until then, we enforce the law.

2. We are controlling our border. Period. By building an effective wall/fence system backed up by a Border Patrol large enough to be effective.

3. No more santuary cities. It is a violation of federal law. No more looking thr other way, illegal is illegal.

4. Fiscal responsibility. Deficit spending will stop and the national debt will paid off - an effective - 10 year plan will be put in place and it will be followed. The USA is not a candy store anymore. Tighten your belts.

5. All immigration will be thru controlled, legal process. All immigrants will be vetted - thoroughly. We have a right to know precisely who is coming into our country.

6. All illegals immigrants cannot work in the U.S. And must return to their home country. An electronic verification employment data base will be put in place. All employers will be heavily fined for employing any illegal immigrant ($10,000 per illegal employee to start).

That's just off the top of my head. So, how do you get that message out there without pissing off the Latino voters? How is that diplomatically messaged? It needs to be done, or shut down our Border Patrol and have a big party. Cause it's all crashing down into chaos if we don't restore order.