Jack Bauer wishes you a Merry Christmas

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jack Bauer wishes you a Merry Christmas

Post by Italics »

I think it's dark, depressing, and predictable.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, but this means that to enjoy it, you may have to be a dark, depressing, and predictable person.

And no, I am not referring to the Reverend Jackson.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote:
Metal Bubba wrote:I still think The Office is strong. Real strong.
Agreed.
I thought this season after the wedding was flat. However, I think the Office rallied with the last two episodes (Scott's Tots and Christmas Party) and made me remember why I made it appointment television in our house.

Currently the Office is #3 in our house, behind Glee and Fringe.

As for the Simpsons, I liked the beginning of this season better with the new writers, but it fell back to where it was. It's no longer a canvas for societal dialogue, but rather a tool for celebrity cameos and one-liners at current events. I can get that from Conan.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Metal Bubba wrote:I still think The Office is strong. Real strong.
Agreed.
I thought this season after the wedding was flat. However, I think the Office rallied with the last two episodes (Scott's Tots and Christmas Party) and made me remember why I made it appointment television in our house.

Currently the Office is #3 in our house, behind Glee and Fringe.

As for the Simpsons, I liked the beginning of this season better with the new writers, but it fell back to where it was. It's no longer a canvas for societal dialogue, but rather a tool for celebrity cameos and one-liners at current events. I can get that from Conan.
I haven't watched the Simpsons this season, they lost the head-to-head matchup against Dexter, but after Dexter's season finale I don't know if I'll be watching it anymore.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

The problem with the Simpson's now is that - as hard as it tries to be "current" - well, it's not current.

The most recent episode I saw was where Bart befriends a Muslim boy, and - you guessed it - everyone in the town of Springfield turns suspicious and tells Bart he shouldn't be hanging out with a terrorist (cause, you know, this happens all the time in America)
They even made a jab at 24.
I don't know, reminded me of an episode that maybe should have been released in 2001.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Italics wrote: The most recent episode I saw was where Bart befriends a Muslim boy, and - you guessed it - everyone in the town of Springfield turns suspicious and tells Bart he shouldn't be hanging out with a terrorist (cause, you know, this happens all the time in America) They even made a jab at 24. I don't know, reminded me of an episode that maybe should have been released in 2001.
I think this was an older episode being repeated.

Also, the Simpsons did a 24 episode about the bullies planting a stink bomb at a school science fair.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
Italics wrote: The most recent episode I saw was where Bart befriends a Muslim boy, and - you guessed it - everyone in the town of Springfield turns suspicious and tells Bart he shouldn't be hanging out with a terrorist (cause, you know, this happens all the time in America) They even made a jab at 24. I don't know, reminded me of an episode that maybe should have been released in 2001.
I think this was an older episode being repeated.

Also, the Simpsons did a 24 episode about the bullies planting a stink bomb at a school science fair.
Classic episode.