Kiwi's Christmas Lights?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Kiwi's Christmas Lights?

Post by hawkwing »

Maybe, maybe not?

[youtube]T7-eOchRwTU[/youtube]

kiwibacon
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Kiwi's Christmas Lights?

Post by kiwibacon »

This is not mine. It is another Christmas lights enthusiast in Utah. His name is Richard Holdman. He lives in Lindon, Utah. He no longer does it at his home (HOA, gated community came down on him hard for all the traffic in 2007). He does do it somewhere else. His official website is http://www.holdman.com/christmas/ . Yes, I am a dork/nerd for knowing someone's display, but that is just how us Christmas decorating enthusiasts roll.

My lights will not be up this year because of the newborn twins but I do a similar "display". I hope to do something HUGE for 2010 Christmas. Yes, we do plan years in advance for our Christmas displays.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I actually had no idea that that guy was in Utah, nor that he used his display to raise money for the Make A Wish foundation. That is absolutely incredible, my respect for him just went up a 1000%. My own family has benefited recently from the services offered by Make A Wish, and I'm really grateful for all they do and for the Holdman's for what they are doing.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

It is actually right on the border of American Fork and Pleasant Grove, I work about two blocks from there and it was a huge pain getting out to get home two years ago around Christmas time. Great lights though.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

Schmoe wrote:It is actually right on the border of American Fork and Pleasant Grove, I work about two blocks from there and it was a huge pain getting out to get home two years ago around Christmas time. Great lights though.
I did err. His new display location is in Lindon, he does live AF, PG area.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Nothing says "Christmas" quite like spending hundreds of dollars for a light display that could go towards feeding the poor.

Warms my heart!

EDIT: The way I worded that sounds like I'm recommending feeding Christmas lights to the poor. I would normally retract this statement, but I'd hate to speak on behalf of the needy. They just might eat it.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Italics wrote:Nothing says "Christmas" quite like spending hundreds of dollars for a light display that could go towards feeding the poor.

Warms my heart!

EDIT: The way I worded that sounds like I'm recommending feeding Christmas lights to the poor. I would normally retract this statement, but I'd hate to speak on behalf of the needy. They just might eat it.
Did you even click through on the link and read about the money he's raising for Make-a-Wish Foundation with his displays? Or could you not see around that pesky beam? Probably not, you're too busy feeding the poor.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

snoscythe wrote:
Italics wrote:Nothing says "Christmas" quite like spending hundreds of dollars for a light display that could go towards feeding the poor.

Warms my heart!

Did you even click through on the link and read about the money he's raising for Make-a-Wish Foundation with his displays? Or could you not see around that pesky beam? Probably not, you're too busy feeding the poor.
Are these even really Kiwi's lights? Didn't really read through the thread, but sounded like they aren't.
I'm sure Kiwi is a good guy.

PS - When/if I do go out of my way to help people who need it, I certainly don't mention it either way ;)

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care