Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BlueK
Junior
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by BlueK » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Ddawg wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:13 pm
BlueK wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:06 pm
Trump campaigned on something way different than the law that was proposed. That's what makes this so strange in some ways. And really it's a significant portion of his base that would have been hurt had it passed. To me and many republicans it doesn't matter because our coverage is good already. But Trump if you listen to the things he actually said about healthcare campaigned for even more socialized medicine than Obamacare is.
Thank you. That wasn't the question.
Do you agree with McCain blocking the effort to repeal ObamaCare?
It's hard to answer that because I honestly didn't care either way. It's never been that pressing of an issue for me because it doesn't affect my coverage. I do think it's not a good thing that we've gotten to where it's considered evil for both parties to work together. If you can't pass something with only your own party's votes then that's a horrible thing. That's not what the Founders intended.

I worry that we're becoming like the Jaredites -- not really much rhyme or reason or principles. It's just about each side wanting to destroy the other until everyone is dead.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...

nuk13
All-American
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:43 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by nuk13 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 pm

BoiseBYU wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:57 am
SpiffCoug wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:16 am
BoiseBYU wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 pm
SpiffCoug wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm
Never put more thought into a Trump tweet than Trump does.
Fair enough. But he is the President of the United States of America. Our country has for a long time been the leader of the free world and in numerous ways, not just militarily, the most powerful nation in the world. I can give the short shrift Trump’s tweets deserve, but they still embarrass the office of the Presidency and this nation. The tweets undercut our causes, and put our nation in a tougher spot in various ways. Any sane person would recognize that and stop. I can ignore his tweets but the world is not and as a result our position is weaker. And as conservative writer David French said in the National Review today, Trump’s tweets are doing long term harm to the Republican Party and principles of liberty.
I agree. Trump's twitter account is awful for his administration and awful for the nation. It adds to the irreconciliable political divide currently infesting our nation. It is poisoning conservatism. It is a blight on the office.

But Trump still doesn't - and likely never will - understand the gravitas required of his current position.
I agree. God Bless the United States of America!
I disagree. If you haven't noted what Mr. Trump has worked on like sex trafficking, dumping the Paris climate accord and our paying for it, releasing unnecessary staff and many other things, my listing them would be superfluous.

nuk13
All-American
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:43 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by nuk13 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Mars wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm
Places like Hollywood definitely do seem to adopt a monolithic group-think. L.A. and New York control a lot of our media, and conservatives don't seem to last long there.
This I can agree with.

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9173
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by BroncoBot » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:50 pm

nuk13 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 pm
BoiseBYU wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:57 am
SpiffCoug wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:16 am
BoiseBYU wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 pm
SpiffCoug wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm
Never put more thought into a Trump tweet than Trump does.
Fair enough. But he is the President of the United States of America. Our country has for a long time been the leader of the free world and in numerous ways, not just militarily, the most powerful nation in the world. I can give the short shrift Trump’s tweets deserve, but they still embarrass the office of the Presidency and this nation. The tweets undercut our causes, and put our nation in a tougher spot in various ways. Any sane person would recognize that and stop. I can ignore his tweets but the world is not and as a result our position is weaker. And as conservative writer David French said in the National Review today, Trump’s tweets are doing long term harm to the Republican Party and principles of liberty.
I agree. Trump's twitter account is awful for his administration and awful for the nation. It adds to the irreconciliable political divide currently infesting our nation. It is poisoning conservatism. It is a blight on the office.

But Trump still doesn't - and likely never will - understand the gravitas required of his current position.
I agree. God Bless the United States of America!
I disagree. If you haven't noted what Mr. Trump has worked on like sex trafficking, dumping the Paris climate accord and our paying for it, releasing unnecessary staff and many other things, my listing them would be superfluous.
I honestly think Trump's twitter use is genius. Distracts from his pretty thorough dismantling of Obama's legacy.

BlueK
Junior
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by BlueK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm

GREAT speech by fellow Cougar and LDS Senator Jeff Flake today. Hit the nail on the head about everything that's wrong with the republicans today.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...

User avatar
Ddawg
All Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:24 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by Ddawg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 pm

BlueK wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm
GREAT speech by fellow Cougar and LDS Senator Jeff Flake today. Hit the nail on the head about everything that's wrong with the republicans today.
Not really.

Flake was very unpopular in Az and had zero chance of winning re-election, because of his positions. His positions made him unelectable. Flake attacks Republicans, Conservatives, and a sitting GOP president. What does he expect.

"Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) said he would not be able to win the Republican primary, "that's the bottom line." Flake complained, calling Republican primary voters "a subset of a subset."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _line.html

User avatar
BoiseBYU
Pro
Posts: 3765
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:35 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by BoiseBYU » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:46 pm

BlueK wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm
GREAT speech by fellow Cougar and LDS Senator Jeff Flake today. Hit the nail on the head about everything that's wrong with the republicans today.
I liked his speech too.

User avatar
Mars
Retired
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Contact:

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by Mars » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:01 am

BoiseBYU wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:46 pm
BlueK wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm
GREAT speech by fellow Cougar and LDS Senator Jeff Flake today. Hit the nail on the head about everything that's wrong with the republicans today.
I liked his speech too.
Thirded.
Mars al'Thor, The Cougar Reborn!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars

User avatar
Ddawg
All Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:24 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by Ddawg » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:48 am

Mars wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:01 am
BoiseBYU wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:46 pm
BlueK wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm
GREAT speech by fellow Cougar and LDS Senator Jeff Flake today. Hit the nail on the head about everything that's wrong with the republicans today.
I liked his speech too.
Thirded.
Of course the collected "Never Trump" crowd would like the speech delivered by Sen. Flake. Liking it does not mean he is correct - regardless of how sincere he is. There is a reason why Sen. Flake approval ratings hit 18% in AZ. His own constituents have rejected his views soundly.

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9173
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Democratic Party = The True Fascists

Post by BroncoBot » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:32 am

BlueK wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 pm
GREAT speech by fellow Cougar and LDS Senator Jeff Flake today. Hit the nail on the head about everything that's wrong with the republicans today.
The "fellow cougar and LDS senator" is one of my least favorite angles ever. Haven't listened to Flake's speech yet, but I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt because he goes to church.
LDS people seem very willing to accept the views of any politician/celebrity who attends church with them.
Just like Americans seem so ready to listen and pander to whatever garbage hollywood celebs have to say.

Post Reply