The future of BYU bball, by position

BYU Cougars on the court.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: The future of BYU bball, by position

Post by craigoscarson »

kitic77 wrote:Probably not. You'll have Hartsock and Collinsworth at the 4. Davies and a combination of Harward, Anderson and Austin to man the 5. I'd be surprised if we brought in a JUCO 4-5.
Our foul situation dictates to me that if you can replace Zylstras scholarship with a 4,5 that you do it. We need an enforcer.

Noah will be a senior
Brandon a junior
Chris a RS(medical) Soph
Anderson a senior

Harward and Austin could be both afforded redshirts, IF we find one more banger for the next 2 seasons.

It makes too much sense to me... fire out scholarships while BYU is a hot commodity because we really don't know what our stock value is once we lose Jimmer/Jax and go to the WCC. The timing is too good not to consider finding a solid rebounder, defender to fill the gap in the paint.

Our guard situation is fine, Winder, Harrison, Carlino will be with us for a good long time and I have to believe that Coach Rose passed on Dantley Walker, because he knows that 2012 grad 6'4" PG Jordan Chatman is basically a done deal.

Our 4 of the long term future is Jordan Loveridge (he's a baby-sullinger) but we need a stop gap 4 for when we lose Noah, Anderson, and Davies and while we work on our 7 foot projects in Austin and Harward.

Zylstra is not a D1 player and that scholarship needs to go to a guy that keeps this program at the level BYU needs until our young guys are ready to fly; it also maintains recruiting momentum for Nick Emery and TJ Haws... and long shot Jabari Parker.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsrecru ... l.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6-1 guard in North Carolina, being courted by all the Utah schools and potentially UNC (but I think that's lip service til they find a better talent... they do need a backup pg because they lost Larry Drew, but I don't see a white kid being the replacement as a freshman)

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Short_Change »

craigoscarson wrote:
kitic77 wrote:Probably not. You'll have Hartsock and Collinsworth at the 4. Davies and a combination of Harward, Anderson and Austin to man the 5. I'd be surprised if we brought in a JUCO 4-5.
Our foul situation dictates to me that if you can replace Zylstras scholarship with a 4,5 that you do it. We need an enforcer.

Noah will be a senior
Brandon a junior
Chris a RS(medical) Soph
Anderson a senior

Harward and Austin could be both afforded redshirts, IF we find one more banger for the next 2 seasons.

It makes too much sense to me... fire out scholarships while BYU is a hot commodity because we really don't know what our stock value is once we lose Jimmer/Jax and go to the WCC. The timing is too good not to consider finding a solid rebounder, defender to fill the gap in the paint.

Our guard situation is fine, Winder, Harrison, Carlino will be with us for a good long time and I have to believe that Coach Rose passed on Dantley Walker, because he knows that 2012 grad 6'4" PG Jordan Chatman is basically a done deal.

Our 4 of the long term future is Jordan Loveridge (he's a baby-sullinger) but we need a stop gap 4 for when we lose Noah, Anderson, and Davies and while we work on our 7 foot projects in Austin and Harward.

Zylstra is not a D1 player and that scholarship needs to go to a guy that keeps this program at the level BYU needs until our young guys are ready to fly; it also maintains recruiting momentum for Nick Emery and TJ Haws... and long shot Jabari Parker.
Is Jordan Chatman LDS? Is there any new news about him?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

WE got Emery and Haws. Time to update the spreadsheet.

wisconsincougs
Gray Shirt

Post by wisconsincougs »

Done!

Removed Loveridge too, unfortunately.

But Emery II and Haws II are both going to be great players for us. Looks like we have one available spot next year...Chatman is probably the top prize and I'm not sure how interested Ben Carter is in BYU, but he would be a good land as well.

JamieVallen
Sophomore

Post by JamieVallen »

Jordan Chatman and Cory Calvert?
Per Jay Drew they are most likely the ones being signed this weekend. I know I've heard the name Jordan Chatman, but don't know much about it, is this a good get? Don't know anything at all about Cory Calvert and have don't recall ever hearing the name.

danross
Recruit

Post by danross »

Effort. Thanks. Still some few blanks left **

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

I noticed you had Chris Collinsworth listed as a Redshirt last year. Did he get granted a medical redshirt for last season or is that just an error?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

I also noticed Andrew White as a potential 2012 recruit. The ESPN link you have for him lists him as committed to Kansas as of 12/2/2011.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

We could probably use a 3 and 4 from the JC ranks next year (2012-2013). Especially if Harrison goes on a mission and Sharp still sucks