byu vs utah

BYU Cougars on the court.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: byu vs utah

Post by frdbtr »

BoiseBYU wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:06 am I think the real Bill Walton has been replaced by a random speech making device. Generally hilariously irrelevant but still....great game by the Cougs. Elijah was so smooth!
I think he has smoked too much weed and his mind is fried. But he was having fun :)

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:47 pm Everyone is talking about Child's leg cramping but he turned his ankle when he stumbled.
Yes, that was no cramp. He actually looked like he rolled it x2.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:06 am I think the real Bill Walton has been replaced by a random speech making device. Generally hilariously irrelevant but still....great game by the Cougs. Elijah was so smooth!
Elijah since the 2nd half of last season has been very very good for BYU. Plays in control, doesn't demand to be the superstar that we've seen on some BYU teams. I really think he's been a big part of getting this team to play the way the do. Team first and work hard. Can't say enough good about him.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

tmoney35 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 am You know his knowledge of Utah (the state) is the real deal though because he calls it "Zion" and not "Zions".

It's a weird pet peeve of mine, especially when it's people from Utah or a bordering state saying it wrong
Yeah, he knew too much to have been able to have picked it all up just this weekend.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

This is such an important win! We needed to restore some sort of balance to the rivalry. Any chance we beat Utah in the overall sports competition this year?

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I had a great time at the game! I loved all of the safety hats and safety chants. My son got a kick out of it too. The crowd was electric. Great win! Go Cougs!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Yes! Great win.

I like this team.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Jarhead wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am This is such an important win! We needed to restore some sort of balance to the rivalry. Any chance we beat Utah in the overall sports competition this year?
BYU is 12 - 4 in the last 10 years against Utah. Sure, they lost the last 3 and didn't play last year, but BYU has been DOMINANT of Utah in Basketball the last 10 years. (3 years ago BYU was 11 - 1)

It was a much needed win for SoS, but I don't think it is as dire as everyone was projecting. BYU could lose another two or three and not match Yewtahs 7 game losing streak to us.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Also, Bill Walton was awesome.

It's so refreshing to see someone so thoroughly enjoying life.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Brayden Green wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:24 am
Jarhead wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am This is such an important win! We needed to restore some sort of balance to the rivalry. Any chance we beat Utah in the overall sports competition this year?
... but I don't think it is as dire as everyone was projecting. BYU could lose another two or three and not match Yewtahs 7 game losing streak to us.
Would you really have been OK to see even one more loss to the utes? There basketball team has not been good and they've been spanking us the last 3 losses.