What We've Learned

BYU Cougars on the court.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: What We've Learned

Post by nuk13 »

Cougs-rule talking of "chucking" is to me a big key to how much better this team is than the last few years. The teams in past years would chuck the ball right after they crossed the mid stripe. Most of the players wanted in on it or they wouldn't show up on the stat sheet. The play from Haws to Worthington to Seljjas to Worthington for a dunk epitomizes the difference in this years team. 2 guys gave up shots for a sure 2 points. It was much more entertaining than the chucking that went on before. They are now playing as a team. It appears that they like each other and are willing to sacrifice for the good of the team and WINS!

The other difference is defense. I was able to listen to the game last nights game. Granted the Texas team was missing 3 players and were tired but holding them 10 to 20 points under their average was still noteworthy.

They are more fun to watch.

BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BlueK »

Statistically the defense isn't better, at least by the metrics used by Ken Pomeroy which is interesting. I agree it does look better to the eye.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

Whatever we’ve learned so far, we will a whole lot more on Saturday.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

vancouvercougar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:44 pm Whatever we’ve learned so far, we will a whole lot more on Saturday.
You beat me to it by 4 minutes. At least we've faced a 7 + footer. Of course St. Mary's has more than taller than us players.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

nuk13 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:49 pm
vancouvercougar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:44 pm Whatever we’ve learned so far, we will a whole lot more on Saturday.
You beat me to it by 4 minutes. At least we've faced a 7 + footer. Of course St. Mary's has more than taller than us players.
We've faced two 7 footers. Good warm up.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
vancouvercougar
All-American

Post by vancouvercougar »

We learned that we don’t need to be afraid of SMC. A free throw from winning this game.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

BYU's defense is much improved. Currently ranked 41 in defensive efficiency according to teamrankings.com. Last year, 78th.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel