McKay Cannon

BYU Cougars on the court.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: McKay Cannon

Post by BlueK »

Sagarin's "predictor" rating right now would call BYU a 2 point favorite over Utah. We should both win tomorrow, so it shouldn't change much between now and then. If we beat WSU, Utah and then as expected beat Idaho St. and Texas Southern, we'll be already showing up on a good number of the bracket projections by the start of conference play.
Last edited by BlueK on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BYU's records after 10 games in the other post Jimmer years, before the last two:
2014-2015: 7-3 (made NCAA tournament)
2013-2014: 7-3 (made NCAA tournament)
2012-2013: 7-3 (NIT)
2011-2012: 8-2 (made NCAA tournament)

Not sure you can necessarily equate this year so far to the last two seasons and not the ones where we made the tournament. I will say if we win the next four, including a win over Utah, it will clearly be a better start than the last two years, as well as the others when we made the tournament.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

snoscythe wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:21 pm I absolutely enjoy it, but that doesn't mean I have to buy into unbridled optimism for the future and start crowning new princes after every win.
Yes. Yes it does. ;) :D

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Gunk wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 pm
snoscythe wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:21 pm I absolutely enjoy it, but that doesn't mean I have to buy into unbridled optimism for the future and start crowning new princes after every win.
Yes. Yes it does. ;) :D
Gunk is right. You have no choice.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars