BYU vs Princeton

BYU Cougars on the court.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU vs Princeton

Post by nuk13 »

It was 65 to 56 for BYU. Princeton's coach was ejected. Bryant had 22 points. and 7 rebounds. Childs had 11 rebounds and 8 points although double teamed most of the time. Haws had 4 fouls by early 2nd half but still finished with 10 points. Nixon only had 4 points but the report said he was effective against the quick smaller Princeton inside men. The article from Vanquishing the Foe said most of the team played significant parts in the win. Over all it looks like a very good road win.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU vs Princeton

Post by BroncoBot »

Good team win against a solid road opponent.
BYU winning in the PIT (exhibition) and against a good Princeton team on the road is a great sign for this team.

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

I feel like this is exactly the kind of game our team would've lost last year. They would lose their nerve and panic late in games.

It wasn't perfect, but they kept their cool, played good defense (!!!) and closed out Princeton. I thought it was over after their coach was ejected. It had been a back and forth game until that point (15 or 16 lead changes at that point). I think it was Bryant that hit a three, their coach gets ejected and Bryant sinks all 4 free throws. 7 point swing right there and I figured Princeton was done. Credit to them for rallying back and keeping it close.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

HArdnett had a rough night. Hopefully he learns and forgets. Good player (I think) had some tough calls against him and some ugly turnovers.

coachK
Recruit

Post by coachK »

It was Seljas who hit the 3, but Bryant was clutch on the 4 free throws. 25-27 from the line as a team. That bodes well for us. Does anyone know what the Princeton coach was so upset about after the 3 that he managed two Ts and an ejection?

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

coachK wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm It was Seljas who hit the 3, but Bryant was clutch on the 4 free throws. 25-27 from the line as a team. That bodes well for us. Does anyone know what the Princeton coach was so upset about after the 3 that he managed two Ts and an ejection?
I'm wondering the same thing

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

coachK wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm It was Seljas who hit the 3, but Bryant was clutch on the 4 free throws. 25-27 from the line as a team. That bodes well for us. Does anyone know what the Princeton coach was so upset about after the 3 that he managed two Ts and an ejection?
That makes 3 of us. I think Bryant hit one then popped in 4 free throws but was that before during or after his ejection?

Amir Bell, their lone returning starter, scored 22 points in the first game but was held to 2 points on 1 of 9 from the field. Who held him to that!? Was it by committee or is there a defensive super star on the team.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Here is the PER for the Princeton game:
Princeton.PNG
After tomorrow's game I'll post a summary of everyone's average PER so far.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

That confirms it was an ugly game. Average PER of 7.31 when the 10 year team average is 9.32.

Now for redemption! Payback time for UT Arlington

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Thanks again Byufan. Looking at this you'd think they'd lost instead of getting a big road win.