Emery charged with Improper Benefits

BYU Cougars on the court.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Emery charged with Improper Benefits

Post by Mars »

It speaks to a bigger problem than thought, and possible Honor Code violations as well. The ex is gonna be thorough about this, it appears.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-cougar ... m-booster/

“I have decided to withdraw from BYU today,” Emery said in a statement released Friday evening. “Unfortunately, I am mentally not where I need to be in order to perform in basketball and in school this year. As it has been made known, I went through a divorce this year and it has been really difficult for me. I have confidence that I will come back stronger and better. I have every intention on coming back to BYU and representing Cougar nation on the basketball floor. I thank everyone for their love and support, especially my teammates, coaches and the BYU administration that have been an incredible support system. Go Cougs!”

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Best of luck to Emery. Probably a good call on his end. Get his mind right.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm http://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-cougar ... m-booster/

“I have decided to withdraw from BYU today,” Emery said in a statement released Friday evening. “Unfortunately, I am mentally not where I need to be in order to perform in basketball and in school this year. As it has been made known, I went through a divorce this year and it has been really difficult for me. I have confidence that I will come back stronger and better. I have every intention on coming back to BYU and representing Cougar nation on the basketball floor. I thank everyone for their love and support, especially my teammates, coaches and the BYU administration that have been an incredible support system. Go Cougs!”
I think sometimes we forget that these kids are still kids that do stupid things. I'm sure he wasn't intentionally doing anything wrong, just got caught up in something he shouldn't have. Divorce can do really funny things to your mind and it probably is part of why he made some of the decisions he made. Best of luck to him, I hope he gets his life back together and comes back stronger next year.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Gunk wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm Best of luck to Emery. Probably a good call on his end. Get his mind right.
Amen! Take the time that you need for you. Come back to BYU when you are ready and we'll be here to cheer you on!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
vancouvercougar
All-American

Post by vancouvercougar »

byufan4ever wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 am
Gunk wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm Best of luck to Emery. Probably a good call on his end. Get his mind right.
Amen! Take the time that you need for you. Come back to BYU when you are ready and we'll be here to cheer you on!
I agree with you BYU fan forever. Let’s welcome Nick back to BYU when he is ready. Too bad that that putz Gordon Monson from the Trib can’t be as forgiving.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

vancouvercougar wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:05 am
byufan4ever wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 am
I agree with you BYU fan forever. Let’s welcome Nick back to BYU when he is ready. Too bad that that putz Gordon Monson from the Trib can’t be as forgiving.
Pssshhhh. who gives a crap what Monson says.