Athlon Sports Projects Cougars to MISS the NCAA Tourney for 3rd straight year

BYU Cougars on the court.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Athlon Sports Projects Cougars to MISS the NCAA Tourney for 3rd straight year

Post by hawkwing »

What do you think Cougar fans, are the Cougs a lock to make the NCAA tourney this year now that we've ditched Mika? Or is it another bad year for Cougar hoopsters?

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Athlon Sports Projects Cougars to MISS the NCAA Tourney for 3rd straight year

Post by byufan4ever »

hawkwing wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:22 pm What do you think Cougar fans, are the Cougs a lock to make the NCAA tourney this year now that we've ditched Mika? Or is it another bad year for Cougar hoopsters?

Way to get me excited for the upcoming season, hawkwing! :sulk: But sadly I think they're right. However, the great thing about basketball is that every team really does have a chance (with football you can run the table and still not get in). Win the conference tournament and we're in! I got my season tickets and I'll cheer on my cougs each game but no I'm not optimistic that we'll make the tourney.

I do not hate Dave Rose, but I'm at the point with him that many of you were with Bronco: I'm ready for a change. 25+ wins against a soft SOS is not a consolation for not getting into the tourney. Rose has done some great things at BYU but the ship is sinking and needs to be righted...

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Mars
Retired

Re: Athlon Sports Projects Cougars to MISS the NCAA Tourney for 3rd straight year

Post by Mars »

Bad year.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

I certainly hope we go dancing, but I doubt we do.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I'd put money on "miss".

New season, new opportunities (to screw things up. can you tell I'm not optimistic about BYU bball right now). I'm excited already to see BYU basketball again though. Kinda wish I'd have saved my season ticket money for basketball, I bought football this year.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

At this point Basketball is starting to look at least as good as football. However with Mika gone it may be a tossup between the 2 sports.

lawngnome
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU is OK

Post by lawngnome »

Just curious about the "ditched Mika" comment... was he seen as a problem? Or did I miss something? I thought he was fairly well thought of on the board.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

lawngnome wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:02 pm Just curious about the "ditched Mika" comment... was he seen as a problem? Or did I miss something? I thought he was fairly well thought of on the board.
It was a joke on my part, some people on various other Cougar sites felt like getting rid of our best player would make BYU a stronger team.

mormonrasta
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mormonrasta »

With this scandal involving the assistant coaches accepting bribes likely resulting in NCAA crackdowns, BYU could actually make the tournament and make a good run.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

mormonrasta wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:26 pm With this scandal involving the assistant coaches accepting bribes likely resulting in NCAA crackdowns, BYU could actually make the tournament and make a good run.
Hopefully byu isn't involved.