Frank Jackson

BYU Cougars on the court.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Frank Jackson

Post by BYULV »

There's no way to really know, but I believe Frank Jackson would be a solid first round pick in this draft had he come to BYU Instead of Duke as opposed to being recommended to return to school for another year.

There's no doubt the guy has amazing guard skills. He would have been able to compliment this past years team very well with his ability to drive and finish or distribute as well as his defense. He would have taken a lot of pressure off the other young guys who would likely have produced better because of this. Mika would have been able to experiment with other aspects of his game instead of just simply being the 1.2 and 3 options on offense. Franks playing time would have been much more than at Duke, he would have much more impressive stats to back up his potential and he would have given the svouts a much better picture of what he could bring to the NBA. Competition at the guard position in the WCC is pretty good, I don't think that would hurt his draft potential at all.

Looks great to go to Duke, but I think he made a mistake which likely cost him a year in the NBA. Also, he would have been someone who easily could have helped us avoid several of our stupid losses and helped us get back to the NCAA tournament.

Any thoughts?

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Frank Jackson

Post by hawkwing »

I don't know, I just struggle to imagine a guy on a team that gets bounced early out of the NIT is going to get an early 1st round pick.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

Frank is going in the 1st round because he is a big strong guard who can guard PG's. He has the one on one perimeter ability that every NBA team needs. Where he played college ball was of minimal importance.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BlueK »

hawkwing wrote:I don't know, I just struggle to imagine a guy on a team that gets bounced early out of the NIT is going to get an early 1st round pick.
It has nothing to do with that. Teams with losing records sometimes have players go in the lottery. That guy from LSU last year, for example.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

I don't think that BYU with Frank Jackson was an NIT team last year.