Mika to attend the NBA Draft Combine

BYU Cougars on the court.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Mika to attend the NBA Draft Combine

Post by snoscythe »

The way I understand it, the NBA compiles the original list of invitees for the combine and circulates that list to the NBA teams. Then the teams can request certain players they are looking at be invited who were not on that initial list. Being added to the second list indicates specific NBA teams are interested in you.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I would love to have Mika back at BYU, but if he decides to stick with the draft I strongly believe he'll impress someone at the combine AND make an NBA roster. And I strongly believe that he will continue to improve his range and he doesn't necessarily have to go back to BYU to do that. I would love to see him go to the Spurs and ride the bench for a little while and learn from their great coaches and they seem to still value big men. He could replace Gasol in a year.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

byufan4ever wrote:I would love to have Mika back at BYU, but if he decides to stick with the draft I strongly believe he'll impress someone at the combine AND make an NBA roster. And I strongly believe that he will continue to improve his range and he doesn't necessarily have to go back to BYU to do that. I would love to see him go to the Spurs and ride the bench for a little while and learn from their great coaches and they seem to still value big men. He could replace Gasol in a year.
:skeptic:

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Fido wrote:
byufan4ever wrote:I would love to have Mika back at BYU, but if he decides to stick with the draft I strongly believe he'll impress someone at the combine AND make an NBA roster. And I strongly believe that he will continue to improve his range and he doesn't necessarily have to go back to BYU to do that. I would love to see him go to the Spurs and ride the bench for a little while and learn from their great coaches and they seem to still value big men. He could replace Gasol in a year.
:skeptic:
Have you watched Gasol in the playoffs? Both him and Aldridge have been very underwhelming. Aldridge has a sore knee and should still have some good years ahead of him. Gasol's best days are behind him. Gasol is 36 turning 37 this summer. He averaged 12.6 PPG during the reg season but in the playoffs is only 6.8 PPG on .392 shooting. After next season he'll be 37 turning 38. Mika will make HUGE strides this offseason, next season, and next offseason. Not a stretch to say that Mika could replace Gasol for the 2018-2019 season.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Qman
All-American

Post by Qman »

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Eric-Mika-7222/

Official Mika Measurements

6'8.5" without shoes
6'9.8" with shoes
6'10" wingspan
8'10.5" standing reach
233 lbs

Some notable standing reaches to compare:

Trevor Ariza 8'11.5"
Reggie Evans 8'11.5"
Trey Lyles 8'11.5"
Udonis Haslem 8'11.0"
David Lee 8'10.5"
Markieff Morris 8'10.5"
Kenneth Faried 9'0.0"

These measurements will probably hurt Mika's stock a little. He measured as an undersized center and much more of a power forward. Hopefully he has enough stretch in his game to convince teams he can play the four.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »