BYU NIT Game = Sell Out

BYU Cougars on the court.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU NIT Game = Sell Out

Post by BlueK »

10k fans at a home NIT game are usually as loud or louder than 18k fans at a normal game. Why? Because they're all near the floor and are all fans who have to go out of their way to buy tickets to be at the game. The atmosphere at BYU NIT home games is usually pretty great.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

hawkwing wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:
hawkwing wrote:I made it out to the UVU game.
Is that about the time you started your counseling sessions? Poor boy. I'm sure as heck glad that was not the game I went to this season.
It was great to see a bunch of BYU ball players have such a fantastic game.

Unfortunately they were all BYU ball players who had transferred to UVU because they weren't good enough to stay on at BYU.
I may be forgetting someone, but I think Isaac Neilson is the only one who was asked not to come back. The rest left by choice because they saw writing on the wall or something like that with the players coming back from missions. And Neilson was quoted in the paper at the time as saying he left because the coaches wanted him with his size to learn to play more under the basket instead of being an outside shooter. He got the shock of losing his scholarship and then changed his game at UVU to do what the BYU coaches (including Pope) were asking him to do in the first place. Sad when a little immaturity leads to that kind of thing, but I'm glad he's improved his game and tried to make the most of it at UVU.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

BlueK wrote:10k fans at a home NIT game are usually as loud or louder than 18k fans at a normal game. Why? Because they're all near the floor and are all fans who have to go out of their way to buy tickets to be at the game. The atmosphere at BYU NIT home games is usually pretty great.
Exactly.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

The buying fury didn't last too long yesterday and then fizzled out. I'd say we'll be lucky to sell out the lower bowl. Maybe only 7-8K. I bit reflective of how the Cougar fans feel this season.

YNot
All-American

Post by YNot »

BlueK wrote:10k fans at a home NIT game are usually as loud or louder than 18k fans at a normal game. Why? Because they're all near the floor and are all fans who have to go out of their way to buy tickets to be at the game. The atmosphere at BYU NIT home games is usually pretty great.
I really wish BYU had a better system for getting butts in the seats when season ticket holders aren't going to show up. It's silly to me to see no lower-bowl tickets available online and then show up to the game and more than half of the lower-bowl seats are empty.