BYU Cougars on the court.
UCChris
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Gonzaga

Post by UCChris »

byufan4ever wrote:
George Hill said, "Huge Win Over The Number 1 Team In The Nation For My Boys." He's a BYU fan? Is he Mormon?
George Hill from the Jazz? I know he's Christian. Would be surprised if he was Mormon.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I believe Hill just considers himself a fan of Utah (State of) sports.

Qman
All-American

Post by Qman »

hawkwing wrote:I believe Hill just considers himself a fan of Utah (State of) sports.
I believe George Hill is connected to Lone Peak's coaching staff.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

byufan4ever wrote:I've been busy with my move to Utah and starting a new job and I didn't have my PC hooked up to Internet for a while (what a crime!) so I hadn't been doing my PER updates. Plus, it was kinda depressing to think about doing it too. But the Gonzaga win has me in high spirits again! Here's how we did:

Gonzaga (2).PNG

And our season average:

BYU 2017-02-26.PNG

For comparison's sake, Collinsworth PERs were 20.26, 23.70, and 25.79
Wow! look at how few even good games we've had the last 10 games or so. We truly were not playing well.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:Really great game, I watched it live, from start to finish. It was tough seeing BYU go down 18-2, and I didn't have a lot of faith in this team at that point. Ironically, I thought BYU would win before the game started. BYU just owns a mental edge over Gonzaga. We match up very well against them unlike Saint Mary's who has an offense and team that is BYU's kryptonite.

BYU fought back and never gave up. All the credit in the world to them.
That 16 point hole was bad. worse was when byu spotted the zags 12 in the 2nd half. lot less time to make it up. Haws and emery hit aome incredible shots! wow.
if mika keeps hitting shots like he did Saturday, it makes BYU a tough tough team to beat. he had a really high %.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Really great game, I watched it live, from start to finish. It was tough seeing BYU go down 18-2, and I didn't have a lot of faith in this team at that point. Ironically, I thought BYU would win before the game started. BYU just owns a mental edge over Gonzaga. We match up very well against them unlike Saint Mary's who has an offense and team that is BYU's kryptonite.

BYU fought back and never gave up. All the credit in the world to them.
That 16 point hole was bad. worse was when byu spotted the zags 12 in the 2nd half. lot less time to make it up. Haws and emery hit aome incredible shots! wow.
if mika keeps hitting shots like he did Saturday, it makes BYU a tough tough team to beat. he had a really high %.
I agree, the 12 point hole in the second half seemed insurmountable, but luckily BYU chipped away at it really quickly and never let it fester.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Qman wrote:Rewatched the game this morning and I think the following were important swings in the game:

-Childs looks a step slow all night. But Kaufusi is peaking at the right time. Gonzaga is also a team big enough for the Kaufusi-Mika front line.

-Shaw had 5 turnovers in 8 minutes. His talent isn't ready for the big stage.

-Haws was feast or famine all night. He would torch Williams-Goss and then telegraph his pass. But his 3 pt point shooting was so so important for our confidence in the 1st half.

-What can you say about Mika...he is clearly our best player and might be the best player in the entire conference. He had his 18 foot jumper going tonight and messed up their game plan. It was good to see him guard 4's.

-Emery needs to stop being a 2-11 guy on offense. I don't know if that means he needs to take less shots or just make more.

-Bryant provided some key baskets for us but his 3 pt shooting was subpar again. I think his shot selection was mostly good. He just needs to make one or two more.

Hopefully someone will knock off Saint Mary's for us in the WCC Tourney but we don't matchup well with them.
I just watched the game. I agree with what you said about Emery. He's a gook player but he probably should have passed the ball about 6 more times instead of shooting.

I agree with your assessment of Mika. He gave up 70 lbs to Karnowski but outplayed him. He outplayed everybody. Kaufusi is his best help at this point although I hope Childs fully recovers from his injury, he's needed.

I had this thought: When was the last time the football team beat the number 1 team in the nation?

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »