Congratulate Coach Rose on his 300th win

BYU Cougars on the court.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Congratulate Coach Rose on his 300th win

Post by hawkwing »

Congratulations Coach Rose on your 300th win.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Congratulate Coach Rose on his 300th win

Post by EM_Puma »

Congratulations to Coach Rose as well.

I am truly happy for him. He's been a really good coach.

Still, I wish he could find that setting on his person dial to arrive at "great," in the years that remain. While I believe he's done wonderful in recruiting the top LDS talent, total success, beyond being really good, has eluded him.

This was a very frustrating game to watch as a fan to see the game go so deep toward the end minutes before the Cougs were able to secure this one. I was looking for a route. Maybe we simply invested too much in the loss Thursday. Something.

Coach Rose and I are only 11 days apart in age. I'm amazed at how quickly his hair turned full white. It has to be the stress of it all.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

This game was way too close. To much of a nail biter for too long. Take the W any day - should have not have have been this close.

McY
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by McY »

Congratulations to Coach Rose on 300 wins!

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

I read a lot against Rose. I think he has been a great coach. He has his weaknesses but how many Mark Few's or coach K's are there in total? I only see a very few programs that are at the top and stay there every year. Even those coaches have seasons where things don't go as expected. Mich St is a great example. KY is another. Those teams get some of the very top talent but still don't always win.
I think in 2011 we were one suspension away from the NC game and a Fredette vs Walker showdown. And I like our chances in the game. He would have taken the team farther than any other coach in BYU history. That was a huge miss but it also speaks well of the integrity of the school and the program. What other school would have acted immediately or would they have stalled the investigation until after the tourny (or in some cases swept it under the rug). Add to that the infraction was acceptable on nearly every other campus in the country (ironic that Baylor is not one of them at least as it was founded).
With BD we beat FL, VCU, and Butler going away. Then the showdown. So I give kudos to a very good coach.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

imuakahuku wrote:I read a lot against Rose. I think he has been a great coach. He has his weaknesses but how many Mark Few's or coach K's are there in total? I only see a very few programs that are at the top and stay there every year. Even those coaches have seasons where things don't go as expected. Mich St is a great example. KY is another. Those teams get some of the very top talent but still don't always win.
I think in 2011 we were one suspension away from the NC game and a Fredette vs Walker showdown. And I like our chances in the game. He would have taken the team farther than any other coach in BYU history. That was a huge miss but it also speaks well of the integrity of the school and the program. What other school would have acted immediately or would they have stalled the investigation until after the tourny (or in some cases swept it under the rug). Add to that the infraction was acceptable on nearly every other campus in the country (ironic that Baylor is not one of them at least as it was founded).
With BD we beat FL, VCU, and Butler going away. Then the showdown. So I give kudos to a very good coach.
+1 on this.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Trading coaches is over rated. Rose is the winningest coach in BYU history (by percentage). Who do we get that can best that? We tried it with the football team and while the jury is still out on them, and I like Kalani's energy, I haven't seen anything that has overly impressed me with this new staff that says we have definitely upgraded.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

Coach Rose has two wins in a row as a visiting coach at the Kennel. Not many coaches can say that! Coach Rose is awesome!

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Indeed. Hope Rose stays for as long as he wants to be at BYU.