PER Thru LM Game

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

PER Thru LM Game

Post by byufan4ever »

Sorry I haven't been posting these much. I was out of town for a week+ for Christmas and have just been busy trying to get our house sold. Here is the latest summary:
BYU 2017-01-03.PNG
Some quick thoughts:

I thought we played pretty well against Illinois despite losing. It was a good effort.

The Santa Clara game was fun to watch and was great team ball. That's how we should be playing against our lesser competition. That's what Gonzaga does to lesser competition.

Mika is struggling a bit with a PER of just 7.75 over his last 3 games. I didn't see the last game against LM but teams are obviously focusing on him and being very physical with him. I expect to see more of the same in conference play. How will Mika and Coach Rose respond and will the rest of the team continue to step up? Is Mika being hacked with no calls or does he just need to respond better to aggressive D?

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: PER Thru LM Game

Post by Cougs_Rule »

All of the above.
His second half vs LM was much improved first half. He really came back and fought hard.
Teams simply know that if they shut down Mika chances of beating BYU ago way up. He has to take care of the ball. Too many turnovers. But this is part of his evolution. I believe he will continue to improve and thennot just dominate the patsies. St Mary game should be very telling where his game is. And BYU for that matter, they came motivated I need first half vs LMU after dominating Santa Clara.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Thanks, I have been waiting for this report.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Another perspective on efficiency. Mika has the lead

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2017/1/2/ ... icient-byu

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

byufan4ever wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting these much. I was out of town for a week+ for Christmas and have just been busy trying to get our house sold. Here is the latest summary:

BYU 2017-01-03.PNG

Some quick thoughts:

I thought we played pretty well against Illinois despite losing. It was a good effort.

The Santa Clara game was fun to watch and was great team ball. That's how we should be playing against our lesser competition. That's what Gonzaga does to lesser competition.

Mika is struggling a bit with a PER of just 7.75 over his last 3 games. I didn't see the last game against LM but teams are obviously focusing on him and being very physical with him. I expect to see more of the same in conference play. How will Mika and Coach Rose respond and will the rest of the team continue to step up? Is Mika being hacked with no calls or does he just need to respond better to aggressive D?
I too have been waiting for this. I like how Haws is getting better all the time. I like Emery's very good defense. Mika is getting hammered and it won't get better. The loss of Davis doesn't help but Childs is also contributing more. Shaw, Dastrup and Kafusi will hopefully step up. We'll learn a lot when they play St. Mary's.