Vs Weber St

BYU Cougars on the court.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Vs Weber St

Post by Mars »

To the point of the thread, this was Haws' best game since the season opener against Princeton, while also being Mika's 3rd best game (out of 9) and Kyle Davis's 3rd best game this season. Emery's 5th best.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

Mars wrote:Our guards have been much poorer than expected. Rose isn't a scorer, but it's too tough to have both Haws and Emery in shooting funks at the same time, especially from 3. And Bryant, when healthy, is even worse.
I see that Emery shot under 30% in both games. Maybe he should drive to the hoop more. I haven't watched the USC game and just saw highlights of WSU. I hope his defense is really good.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

A couple more observations:

Weber St' guards didn't completely blow by their initial defender and the help defensive scheme was better in this game.

Davis looks a lot more comfortable in a more rigid, role-defined offense. He made several nice little shifts in the paint to take advantage of all the attention Mika gets.

Childs had a possession that he got switched to a guard and he locked him down. He got into his stance and cut off the drive for 7-8 seconds. Then he challenged a desperation jumper. Childs is just so talented.

I think Haws was told when to attack. And he looked really good doing it. Maybe the lower level of competition helped him out.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb