new inside-out BYU

BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

new inside-out BYU

Post by BroncoBot »

BYU has several people who can hold their own in the post this year. and Corbin will only help. Mika obviously has been the biggest boon. Davis, when he's not missing layups has been good and still a good hustle player.

what I'm most excited about is the soft high post play we saw from Aytes last night. great ball movement last night. Greg W just tweet that Aytes has taken 16 shots (including ft 5/6) and has hit 9/10 from the field. it's not because he's hitting shots that he has to set up himself. he's benefitting from the ball movement mindset that this BYU team had that past teams have lacked. I think kaufusi makes huge strides for the same reasons.

and the backcourt hasn't even started hitting 3s! don't know if it will happen this year, but when the offense all comes together consistently, this is a great team. don't remember ever having this much talent and team first attitude on a team at BYU.

good times ahead. Here's to my doom and gloom predictions looking foolish soon!

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: new inside-out BYU

Post by Gunk »

Our offense hit snags last night when players started forcing things (mostly Emery & Haws). With so many weapons, there should never be any forced shots. We play tough defense and team ball on offense, we've got a chance at a special season.

Aytes has a legit midrange shot. I hope he fed and takes more of those shots.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel