Alabama or Valparaiso

BYU Cougars on the court.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Alabama or Valparaiso

Post by Mars »

Poor D was due to the 1-3-1 played to try to keep Mila from fouling out. BUY can't win without him, which is why we lost tonight.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
trom2foot3
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by trom2foot3 »

How do you delete a post?
Last edited by trom2foot3 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

trom2foot3
Recruit

Post by trom2foot3 »

Gunk wrote:Rough game. Refs were horrible, but this game was winnable.

Mika still hasn't learned not to foul. Despite our size we had trouble rebounding the ball. Haws and Emery m ake great plays only to make a stupid play. Guinn goes 3/3 from the arc with some key shots and Rose sits him. Last but not least, once again opponents have a career night shooting 3s. We're going no where with such a porous perimeter defense.
The opponent didn't have a career night with 3's. They shot worse than BYU did, but they hit them when they needed to and that was what made it seemed like they do. I don't know why Guinn wasn't in, but I've lost all faith in refs now

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

trom2foot3 wrote:
Gunk wrote:Rough game. Refs were horrible, but this game was winnable.

Mika still hasn't learned not to foul. Despite our size we had trouble rebounding the ball. Haws and Emery m ake great plays only to make a stupid play. Guinn goes 3/3 from the arc with some key shots and Rose sits him. Last but not least, once again opponents have a career night shooting 3s. We're going no where with such a porous perimeter defense.
The opponent didn't have a career night with 3's. They shot worse than BYU did, but they hit them when they needed to and that was what made it seemed like they do. I don't know why Guinn wasn't in, but I've lost all faith in refs now
From what I heard on KSL, several Valpo players shot above their average. I could have heard wrong. I'll check the numbers tomorrow.

Down the stretch, the defense wasn't there.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

I'm not one to normally complain about refs because I've been one, but several of Mika's fouls were touch fouls that were not called the other way. But we have to find a way to win with him on the bench. And yes, our D has to get better. We're not winning the conference with that D even with Mika in the game.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins