Coach Somebody-else-pays-$80K

BYU Cougars on the court.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Coach Somebody-else-pays-$80K

Post by snoscythe »

Results of the audit that was initiated after Utah backed out of its hoops game with BYU (with an $80K penalty attached) were released today.

Coack Krysktokdjaswiacky claimed at that time that he was paying the $80K out of his own personal funds. The audit shows that was not the case. The $80K was instead paid by the University, and Coach Kringledinglefornwiokk is allegedly paying it back in annual $20K installments.

Two problems:

1) Even if everything is absolutely true, this represents an interest-free loan by the University to Coach Krackenslayinwhack. Pretty sure that's a misuse of public funds.

2) The first $20K installment was not paid by Coach Krapenstappenmack, but was instead paid by the "Kyrstko Foundation", an entity that has zero online presence and is not registered anywhere that I can find. The Foundation would not supply any documentation to the auditors to verify Coach Kleptowonk's claim that it was paid with his personal funds and not through booster donations (which would otherwise have gone to the university). "According to University officials, the coach has assured the University that the funds came personally from him without contribution from donors."

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Coach Somebody-else-pays $80K

Post by ABYUFAN »

"trust me... I work for the Government"

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Well, then the coach is a liar. I hate it when individuals believe that deceiving is not the actual act of lying. When he purported to the media that he would cover the cost to the university--in this case the $80K they would be required to pay--in ONE PAYMENT, he needed to be honorable and do it.

The state financed university will lose money if they pay the $80K upfront for him and then have him pay it over time. Even if he isn't the one actually paying it and the money is Ute supporters and being laundered through a foundation, the university will be out some of the cost because of the loss of the value of money. Basic finance.

Honestly, if he wanted out of the contract and the AD agreed, then that's one thing. They have the right. It's in the contract. I just have a problem that he acted as if he were personally going to take care of the cost so people didn't get upset and the university lose money. Even if he pays it over time, the university is out the value of the money. If some foundation pays it, then we were deceived even further. That's what I have a problem with the whole situation. It's dishonest.

No one ever believed in the first place that this action was anything about the safety of his players--it just now appears that his excuse was simply the first lie in this sordid tale.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

I hope the thread keeps getting pulled.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BlueK
Senior

Re: Coach Somebody-else-pays-$80K

Post by BlueK »

Utah has a super easy non-conference schedule this year.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

BlueK wrote:Utah has a super easy non-conference schedule this year.
And they need one. 80K is a hefty price to avoid a loss, but if he thinks it's worth it... good for him

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I'm not following this closely but unless donors pay this will it not be put on the taxpayers back?

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

nuk13 wrote:I'm not following this closely but unless donors pay this will it not be put on the taxpayers back?
It kind of already has been. The school has already coughed up the 80 large. Coach Kry may or may not pay all of that back, and the money he may or may not use may or may not actually come from his own pocket.

billbillbillbill
BLUEshirt

Post by billbillbillbill »

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

billbillbillbill wrote:
LOL "Spirit Cooking thing". I always knew Kryscodownmyback was a Wiccan.