Why is Jabari at BYU?

BYU Cougars on the court.
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Why is Jabari at BYU?

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Umm...living in Utah, the difference between 5A/4A Football and Basketball isn't really that big, especially at the top of the classifications.

For example, Timpview during their height, would routinely play and beat the 5A champs in football. Orem (4A) beats Lone Peak (5A) as much as any other team in the state does in basketball.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

When I was in high school in Utah there wasn't even a 5a, 4a was top tier so there hasn't been much time to make much difference.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stuckinbig10country »

hawkwing wrote:When I was in high school in Utah there wasn't even a 5a, 4a was top tier so there hasn't been much time to make much difference.
Weird, I didn't think you were that much older than me. I graduated in 97 and 5A had been around for quite awhile at that point. Honestly, I thought I was older than you by a few years.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

stuckinbig10country wrote:
hawkwing wrote:When I was in high school in Utah there wasn't even a 5a, 4a was top tier so there hasn't been much time to make much difference.
Weird, I didn't think you were that much older than me. I graduated in 97 and 5A had been around for quite awhile at that point. Honestly, I thought I was older than you by a few years.
I'm 2 years older than you, going off of graduation year. But I honestly don't remember 5A. I remember Timpview playing Skyline in the state championship in football.