Congratulations to Rose and the Cougars.

BYU Cougars on the court.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Congratulations to Rose and the Cougars.

Post by Brayden Green »

What a great job they did this year. There were ups and downs, (and a mission age lapse) and some serious adversity that they faced this year, and they put it together for a very successful run. It would be hard to list all of the great things that happened, but a few off the top of my head are:

- Dave Rose won 20+ games for the 11th time straight and is one of only 7 active coaches to do this. The others are a bunch of nobodies (Krzyzewski, Self, Few, Pitino, Roy Williams, Dambrot.

- Kyle Collinsworth is the all-time triple doubles leader in NCAA history, doubling Shaq O'Neal's totals. Ended his career first in assists and rebounds and 7th and top 10 in steals (and I think points also).

- Emery set the all time record for threes made (stealing it from Ainge). I think that he also took freshman points from Ainge, but I'd have to look that up.

- Fischer set the all-time record for threes made in a season at BYU,

- Seljaas shot over 61% from 3 point land. Over an entire season. With a lot of shot attempts. That's just awesome.

The future is bright. We have some really good talent coming in to BYU in the next year. BUt that doesn't mean that what the Cougs accomplished this year wasn't special in its own way. It was. Thanks for the good times, and for the frustrating ones Cougs.

(I almost get a little teary eyed when I think that this is the last time I am going to see Nate Austin trip and absolutely pancake the other teams' guard flat).

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Congratulations to Rose and the Cougars.

Post by hawkwing »

Dave Rose has 25 wins in 8 of 11 seasons. That's a fantastic record and should be applauded, even considering most of those wins are against lower quality/caliber teams and Rose clearly struggles in the post season. I think we as BYU fans should be happy for what we have in Rose.

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

It was great and fun watching them play this year. I'm happy with what they did.

If you are going to complain about what they did, you will remind me of those whiny ass titty babies on all those irritating Liberty Mutual commercials and those are way beyond being super annoying and vexatious. Please, please, please don't be like Coach Krybaby titty mouse who laid an egg at grandma's house. Drink some concrete and harden up. :munch:

BTW, have any of you heard about the new male birth control device and it's cheap and works almost 100% of the time.

You put a rock in his shoe.

It makes him limp. :whistle:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

A frustrating, yet fun, season. I'd agree that it's a net positive.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

I'm excited now to see what we can do with some legit big men next year.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

hawkwing wrote:Dave Rose has 25 wins in 8 of 11 seasons. That's a fantastic record and should be applauded, even considering most of those wins are against lower quality/caliber teams and Rose clearly struggles in the post season. I think we as BYU fans should be happy for what we have in Rose.
I'm sure that if you checked the records of all the other top winning teams, you would find plenty of patsies on each of their schedules.

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

I loved watching them this year, even with the frustration. A 3 point shooting team is, by definition, frustrating, because they live and die by the three. They are also really exciting when it is going well. This team was also almost all new guys. That makes for a very up and down season. The difference in Emery from November to March was huge. He and a lot of other guys will step up big next year, just wait. There is a boat load of talent already in the system, and a lot more coming in next year, however if you are expecting Mika and Haws to look like well oiled machines in November, you might be complaining again.

That was quite a ramble, but I am very pleased with BYU basketball, and am very excited about the future.