BYU vs UAB game update

BYU Cougars on the court.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs UAB game update

Post by hawkwing »

KC: player of the game. The team was awful without him and dominating with him. He's the best PG on the team, as well as the best big man on the team.

Nate Austin and Corbin Kaufusi are both terrible.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

It was a fun game tonight. I like these NIT games because you get out fans that really want to be there and aren't just coming because they have season tickets.

It was a great BYU day. I spoke with Steve Cleveland on a business level in the afternoon. I ran into Kalani Sitake, Ed Lamb and Steve Clark in Draper and then went to the game.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highlight video

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

What does that bring our RPI to?

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

PER:
UAB.PNG
Man, that first half, I'd look away from the TV for one second and I'd miss a dunk or a three! Give UAB credit for not giving up. They're a good team. But also give our guys credit for making a strong second push.

The thing that worries me is that KC, Fischer, and Emery all played a lot of minutes and we don't have a lot of production outside of them. Seljaas had a good game too, but I don't think that our depth is nearly as good as we thought it was at the beginning of the season. I think Rose has finally realized this and he has really tightened his rotation. But at one point Emery was barely even walking down the court. We really need to pray for no injuries or foul trouble to go far in the NIT. But at least we have home court advantage through the semis!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

byufan4ever wrote:at one point Emery was barely even walking down the court.
I was surprised at how gassed he was, and it was only about midway through the first half. Walking down the court, hands and his hips and bent over at every break in the action. The season must really be wearing Emery down.

Props to UAB for not giving up. Brown was a man among boys in the second half

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I'd rather watch a game like this than the string of 1 and done's we've had in the NCAA's.

I watched the highlights and liked Fisher driving and assisting rather than clanking 3's. I was ok with his 3's but appreciated the rest of his game as much or more.

The team really shared the ball well.

KC is an amazing player. I doubt he'll get much post season but he looks All American to me. With him gone who will be willing to distribute the ball next year? It looks like we'll have a strong inside presence but will the ball get to them?

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BroncoBot wrote:What does that bring our RPI to?
I don't think anyone calculates the rpi after the conference tournaments end.

BYU did move up to #40 on sagarin however. St. Mary's at 33 and BYU at 40 are the two highest rated teams (on sagarin) remaining in the NIT. Sagarin would predict us to win by about 7 points tonight against Va. Tech.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

byufan4ever wrote:PER:
UAB.PNG
Man, that first half, I'd look away from the TV for one second and I'd miss a dunk or a three! Give UAB credit for not giving up. They're a good team. But also give our guys credit for making a strong second push.

The thing that worries me is that KC, Fischer, and Emery all played a lot of minutes and we don't have a lot of production outside of them. Seljaas had a good game too, but I don't think that our depth is nearly as good as we thought it was at the beginning of the season. I think Rose has finally realized this and he has really tightened his rotation. But at one point Emery was barely even walking down the court. We really need to pray for no injuries or foul trouble to go far in the NIT. But at least we have home court advantage through the semis!
I don't know that it was Rose finally realizing it as much as it was probably because we hadn't played in 10 days or so and our best players were well rested. We will likely go deeper on the bench tonight. But we'll see.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Did you see that the Conf USA 2 seed took out MSU yesterday? And we blew out their 1. Press is saying that MTSU was underseeded.