2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Rankings (Dec. 28)

BYU Cougars on the court.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Rankings (Dec. 28)

Post by craigoscarson »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Arizona (and Utep later) ARE CRITICAL OOC ROAD GAMES IF WE WANT A TOP SEED.

go get em Cougs.

craigoscarson
Pro

Re: 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball Rankings (Dec. 28)

Post by craigoscarson »

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

RPI is 53 (Arizona and Utep are must wins to guarantee an at large)

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

#32 and #29. A win tonight should get us ranked. I think the next game is UNLV which is just outside of #25.

Alphaleonis
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Alphaleonis »

Aren't Sagarin and RPI both computer rankings, yet one has us at 18 and the other at 53???

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

scott715 wrote:#32 and #29. A win tonight should get us ranked. I think the next game is UNLV which is just outside of #25.
I keep saying that. A win at USU should put us in... A win over ASU will definitely do it... Wins over Nevada and Nebraska will finally clinch it...

I know there are a lot more D1 basketball teams than there are FBS football teams, but this is ridiculous. How in the hell is there an 8-4 Butler still in the top 25? How is there a 9-3 UNC still in the top 10 and a 9-3 MSU sitting at #11? For crying out loud people, it's OK if the traditional powerhouses drop down a little in the early part of the season. They can still climb back up you know. There's plenty of time for them to get back up.

I swear sometimes it seems the voters think they have to keep these teams high so they are more deserving of a high seed come March. How about we base the rankings of what you've done, where you project? I'm not necessarily upset that BYU isn't ranked yet (though kind of), I'm just more upset that the voters think that teams like UNC, MSU, Gonzaga, Butler are more deserving of higher rankings than some of the 0-2 loss teams despite not really doing anything to prove it on the court. UNC has basically lost to every good team they've played so far. Sure they have may have a tougher schedule but when you lose the only tough games on there what does that prove? I'm sure they'll be a very good team. But that's the point. The season will bear that out. They don't need any coddling from the voters to keep their chins up.