BYU Cougars on the court.
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

UNLV first MWC team ranked this season

Post by gmj81 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

I can't believe they still have teams like Mississippi and Butler ahead of us. And UNLV is still ranked behind Louisville despite just beating them and being undefeated. Pretty ridiculous that teams aren't falling farther this early in the season when they lose. There is still no substantial evidence that they should have been that high too begin with. Some of the one loss teams I can understand being ranked still but give me a break with the two loss teams or the teams who lost but only fell one or two spots in the rankings. If they are truly as good as the pollsters thought they'd be then they'll climb back up in the rankings down the road.
Last edited by gmj81 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gmj81
Junior

Re: UNLV first MWC team ranked this season

Post by gmj81 »

And what the crap! Clemson not only didn't drop but jumped spot in the rankings despite losing this past week. And the team that beat them, Texas A&M is still behind them. And they haven't beat anybody! These early season rankings really really are ridiculous.

Short_Change
Freshman

Post by Short_Change »

I thought the rankings were ridiculous too. Time will either promote you or demote you and BYU will be "promoted" no doubt. I am glad that UNLV is ranked though. That's good for the conference, but BYU should be there too and deserves more respect.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Like in football, the polls don't mean much until about a month has passed. And also much like in football, once you are ranked, you don't really move up in the polls for winning. You move up in the polls, when the teams ahead of you don't win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!