top "mid majors"

BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

top "mid majors"

Post by BroncoBot »

I won't pretend that I've followed all the teams Fraschilla put down. But I'm sure that BYU could beat half the teams listed here. BYU will beat one of the teams on the list in Logan, UT in just a while. And I think Coach Rose deserves to be mentioned.

BUT maybe this just means BYU isn't considered mid-major (whatever that means) anymore.

Mars
Retired

Re: top "mid majors"

Post by Mars »

Gonzaga isn't really a mid-major, but they're beating #2 Michigan State right now!

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Mars
Retired

Re: top "mid majors"

Post by Mars »

He lists his pre-season conference champ for each "Mid-Major" conference. The MWC is not listed (not considered Major by many). He does pick the WAC champ though. :lol:

Utah State
Speaking of outstanding coaches, Stew Morrill is quietly heading toward his 500th win this season in his 24th season as a head coach. With Gary Wilkinson gone, much will be expected of Utah State's Jared Quayle. In fact, over the past 10 seasons the Aggies are in the select company of Gonzaga and Kansas as the only teams that have won at least 23 games each season. This season's team is led by preseason All-WAC guard Jared Quayle and he'll get help inside from junior forwards Tai Wesley and Nate Bendall.

Best mid-major players
Luke Babbitt (6-foot-9, So., Nevada): Babbitt was a highly recruited player in the Class of 2008 who elected to pass on a number of Top 25 programs in favor of staying home in Reno to play for the Wolfpack. The freshman's initial season in the WAC was a success as the sharpshooting lefty led his team in scoring and rebounding. He has firmly established himself as one of the league's best players.
Paul George (6-foot-8, So., Fresno State): Paul George's time in obscurity is about to end. The 6-foot-8 small forward had a monster freshman season, averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds. While he is an outstanding athlete with highlight dunk ability, NBA teams are impressed with his offensive skills (he shot 45 percent from behind the arc) and his knowledge of the game.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars