SDSU fans silenced...

BYU Cougars on the court.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

SDSU fans silenced...

Post by craigoscarson »

If you hadn't noticed, there were a lot of SDSU fans that had a real problem with how BYU was picked to win the conference; in light of their "nba quality" transfers, juco recruits and returning players.

Then they lay an egg on ESPN to a St. Marys team that was virtually impotent last year when Patty Mills went down with injury...
Halftime was 42-21 St. Marys (I actually stayed awake to watch it and called it a night (morning) at half)

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=293202608

St Marys is not terrible... but SDSU are not world beaters either...

There's no reason that this BYU team won't cruise through our conference schedule, if we play well on the road.

4 losses (or less) prior to tourney time is not impossible

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: SDSU fans silenced...

Post by Short_Change »

I was disappointed in SDSU. The MWC isn't as talented this year as last and we really need to win these type of non-conference games to help us get a better seed this year in the NCAA tourney. If we win both the regular season championship and the tourney championship the MWC may only send one team to the NCAA tourney. When's the last time that happened? I hope UNLV along with someone else steps it up this year.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

It's a down year in the MWC for sure. It's one reason I'm picking the Cougs to go 15-1 in conference. I think we drop only of two road games: @ UNLV or @ SDSU.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Qman
All-American

Post by Qman »

UNLV that down? I haven't really paid attention.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

Qman wrote:UNLV that down? I haven't really paid attention.
Funny story, I was actually checking scores on my phone, and it said that UNLV absolutely DEMOLISHED Pitt the other day, like 90-something to 50-something. My first thought was UNLV must be pretty dang good, and Pitt must have graduated/lotteried a bleeding LOT of talent. Then sense caught up to me. No way, even in that case. Yeah, it was DII Pittsburg State. Darn it all for them getting my hopes up!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I think your thread topic needs some editing---should read "SDSU fan silenced...," at least until we verify the existence of more than one.

Short_Change
Freshman

Post by Short_Change »

I think TCU may actually have a good year this year. They have some returning talent. We'll see. They play Arizona St today so that may be a good indicator.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

I think UNLV is going to be tough again this year. Their new guys are pretty good. They have some definite talent and their coach sure knows how to get the most out of them.

Changing gears, I'm still a little worried about our team this year becuase they have not yet found a clear rotation or identity. They definitely have talent, execute well and play tough, but I think it will take most of the preseason for this team to start to gel. As long as they continue to improve and iron out the wrinkles, I see them winning all of the preseason games and playing close in all conference games, possibly losing 1 or 2. By tourney time I hope the team has matured enough to win the conference tourney and beyond.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BYULV wrote:I think UNLV is going to be tough again this year. Their new guys are pretty good. They have some definite talent and their coach sure knows how to get the most out of them.

Changing gears, I'm still a little worried about our team this year becuase they have not yet found a clear rotation or identity. They definitely have talent, execute well and play tough, but I think it will take most of the preseason for this team to start to gel. As long as they continue to improve and iron out the wrinkles, I see them winning all of the preseason games and playing close in all conference games, possibly losing 1 or 2. By tourney time I hope the team has matured enough to win the conference tourney and beyond.
Exactly where I want BYU hoops to be right now. Let them take the first half of the season to get their identity and then solidify it the second half. I'm very pleased with how BYU is looking right now.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars