BYU Cougars on the court.
Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Andy Katz gives Rose and BYU some love

Post by Short_Change »

https://www.ninjacloak.com/index.php/10 ... 0187c18744

Scroll down to where Andy Katz says what he's looking forward to this year.

the link is through Ninja Cloak since I'm at work, but it's on ESPN.com under the main article on the college basketball home.

GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Andy Katz gives Rose and BYU some love

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

Yeah, I have a hard time figuring Andy Katz out. In one breath he is absolutely DOGGING the Cougs and Coach Rose in every way possible, and then in the next, he's buttering up the guy and the team.

To be honest, I'm STILL holding a grudge against the guy for not CRUCIFYING the Pac-10 officiating crew and main office for the Arizona State debacle. Instead, he goes the exact OPPOSITE direction, and writes an article TOUTING them, making it sound like the call was absolutely correct. Only problem was that the article absolutely IGNORES oh, the RULES of the game, takes Coach Rose's quotes out of context to make him look like the idiot and a whiner, and then puts quotes up all over the article by the Pac-10 head guy in SUPPORT of the call, neglecting (in true journalistic form) to point out that in actuality, the quotes show very clearly the man has NO idea what is in the rule book, you know, the one that he's CLEARLY being paid too much money to be responsible for enforcing.
I searched long and hard for a direct email to Katz to tell him how disgusted I was with his shoddy and propagandized journalism, to no avail. Grr. /rant.

Good to know he's found it in his heart to try and make recompense.