Utah State

BYU Cougars on the court.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Utah State

Post by Mars »

...simply isn't as good as BYU in men's basketball, and it's their #1 sport. Plus they have an incredibly whiny head coach.

The Cougars are absolutely going to slap the Aggies up in Logan this year. I've never been to an athletic event at USU before, so I'm thinking about making the trip, just to watch and laugh.

@ Arizona, at home vs. Arizona State, in Las Vegas against Nebraska or Tulsa, those are the tough games that I'm actually worried about this year. And all are winnable.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Utah State

Post by Gunk »

@Arizona worries me the most, just because we typically don't travel all too well. Looking at our schedule, I don't really see any games that aren't winnable.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Gunk wrote:@Arizona worries me the most, just because we typically don't travel all too well. Looking at our schedule, I don't really see any games that aren't winnable.
It worries me because of how the PAC 10 officials screwed us last year at ASU. We got treated like s***.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

The best part of this team is we have enough depth to absorb an injury or 2 to our starters with having our team drop off the map.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

USU lost to Northeastern 61-64 yesterday: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... 0911210416

Northeastern was 0-1 coming into the game...

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

It's going to be a war in Logan. I hope we pull it off; we should, but it's in Logan and they want the win very badly.

USU played Northeastern at their place (in Boston) and held the lead most of the game.
Northeastern (won 19 games last season) lost their 1st to a good Siena team that has 2 guys with pro potential and a history of NCAA tourney invites (Siena won 27 games last year and has won 20+ in 4 straight seasons).
Utah State will test us; but there's no doubt that if BYU plays up to their potential that we should win, even in Logan.

And test us they did... :~(
Last edited by craigoscarson on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Gunk wrote:@Arizona worries me the most, just because we typically don't travel all too well. Looking at our schedule, I don't really see any games that aren't winnable.
Actually BYU travels quite well during the holidays compared to most teams. There will be a good amount of Cougar fans there and next to no Arizona students considering we play them on the 28th of December.

Arizona has (1) senior on their team- Nic Wise - he's also their best player
(1) junior
and a bunch of underclassmen

We should beat them. This is not the Arizona team of the 80s and 90s.

The only games I don't think we'll be favored in this year would be at UNLV and at SDSU.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

craigoscarson wrote:
Actually BYU travels quite well during the holidays compared to most teams. There will be a good amount of Cougar fans there and next to no Arizona students considering we play them on the 28th of December.

Arizona has (1) senior on their team- Nic Wise - he's also their best player
(1) junior
and a bunch of underclassmen

We should beat them. This is not the Arizona team of the 80s and 90s.

The only games I don't think we'll be favored in this year would be at UNLV and at SDSU.
Good to know.

I know we always have fans show up to the game, I just worry about our team showing up.I think we'll pull it off, I just don't think it will be a gimmie, which I'm more than happy to wrong about. :crazy:

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

With Emery jacking up his ankle in practice, this game just got a lot harder.

Tav was our steals man last year, but Emery has really stepped up his play with fellow HSer Haws on the team, and leads the team in steals so far this year. He is also scoring much more than last season, to go along with his always great defensive play and his surprising newfound ability to grab rebounds... :~(

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

If BYU vs Utah State in football is their bowl game. Then BYU vs Utah State in bball is their Final Four appearance. I bet a majority of Aggie fans would trade a win over BYU in December over a win in the NCAAs in March.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!