Stamp on QB's Hand

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Stamp on QB's Hand

Post by BoiseBYU »

Don't look now, but Harvey has the mark of the beast ;)

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

BoiseBYU wrote:Don't look now, but Harvey has the mark of the beast ;)
I once had a cat and it was either called "Damion" or "Beast" and he often left marks on me like those below:

He was a great cat until his kidneys went. He was just one to let you know when he was tired of being tormented.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

The Y on the hand is to remind Max which team to throw to :lol:

MrRoboto
Gray Shirt

Post by MrRoboto »

Everyone here is wrong, and not just about your theories on the Y, but on the Y itself. If you look again you'll notice that it is only a Y when the hand is pointed upward. When the hand and arm are relaxed and hanging down the Y turns into an armless man with large legs. This is the symbol of the United Order of Proteus- A secret society created by LaVell Edwards in 1987. Only a select few are allowed into the club each year. They kept things very quiet in the nineties, but then after Bronco took over as the society's president, he started the stamp tradition. In 2008 Max Hall made the mistake of telling Austin Collie, who was not yet initiated. From there, word got out and other clubs were formed (you've probably also noticed the players with strange letters and numbers on their arms), but none is as exclusive or as secretive as the UOP. It's been rumored that Jimmer Freddette is also a member, but it's impossible to confirm these rumors.
I would tell you more but I may be putting my informants and my own life in Danger.

Mithrandir
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mithrandir »

MrRoboto wrote:Everyone here is wrong, and not just about your theories on the Y, but on the Y itself. If you look again you'll notice that it is only a Y when the hand is pointed upward. When the hand and arm are relaxed and hanging down the Y turns into an armless man with large legs. This is the symbol of the United Order of Proteus- A secret society created by LaVell Edwards in 1987. Only a select few are allowed into the club each year. They kept things very quiet in the nineties, but then after Bronco took over as the society's president, he started the stamp tradition. In 2008 Max Hall made the mistake of telling Austin Collie, who was not yet initiated. From there, word got out and other clubs were formed (you've probably also noticed the players with strange letters and numbers on their arms), but none is as exclusive or as secretive as the UOP. It's been rumored that Jimmer Freddette is also a member, but it's impossible to confirm these rumors.
I would tell you more but I may be putting my informants and my own life in Danger.
I like it! But It is well known to historians that have studied the early days of the church (especially the period known as "Utah's bloody period") that the block Y was used as a symbol for Brigham Young's personal bodyguards...a group of gunslingers which included the likes of Porter Rockwell, Bill Hickman, etc. This group, also called "The Danites", had the Y tatooed (usually scarrified) or branded on the backs of their hands.

I only know this because I descend from an individual who belonged to this group. Members of this order were said to have descended from a rogue branch of the tribe of Dan, which found it's way north into Europe, and took over lands in what is now Germany. From there the bloodline can be traced through the Merovingian Kings (Dagobert and Pepin D'Heristal), and then through the Carolinian Rulers (Charles Martel and Charlemagne), and finally down through William the Conquerer and the English Royal and noble houses.

The Y is clearly a reference to their "gunslinger" heritage. I wouldn't be suprised if they literally descended from these outlaws...a mormon skull and bones. ;)

"There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.”
MrRoboto
Gray Shirt

Post by MrRoboto »

Mithrandir wrote:
MrRoboto wrote:Everyone here is wrong, and not just about your theories on the Y, but on the Y itself. If you look again you'll notice that it is only a Y when the hand is pointed upward. When the hand and arm are relaxed and hanging down the Y turns into an armless man with large legs. This is the symbol of the United Order of Proteus- A secret society created by LaVell Edwards in 1987. Only a select few are allowed into the club each year. They kept things very quiet in the nineties, but then after Bronco took over as the society's president, he started the stamp tradition. In 2008 Max Hall made the mistake of telling Austin Collie, who was not yet initiated. From there, word got out and other clubs were formed (you've probably also noticed the players with strange letters and numbers on their arms), but none is as exclusive or as secretive as the UOP. It's been rumored that Jimmer Freddette is also a member, but it's impossible to confirm these rumors.
I like it! But It is well known to historians that have studied the early days of the church (especially the period known as "Utah's bloody period") that the block Y was used as a symbol for Brigham Young's personal bodyguards...a group of gunslingers which included the likes of Porter Rockwell, Bill Hickman, etc. This group, also called "The Danites", had the Y tatooed (usually scarrified) or branded on the backs of their hands.

I only know this because I descend from an individual who belonged to this group. Members of this order were said to have descended from a rogue branch of the tribe of Dan, which found it's way north into Europe, and took over lands in what is now Germany. From there the bloodline can be traced through the Merovingian Kings (Dagobert and Pepin D'Heristal), and then through the Carolinian Rulers (Charles Martel and Charlemagne), and finally down through William the Conquerer and the English Royal and noble houses.

The Y is clearly a reference to their "gunslinger" heritage. I wouldn't be suprised if they literally descended from these outlaws...a mormon skull and bones. ;)
You're probably right. I found this website pretty interesting. It talks about the lost tribes and how the saxons are descendents of Isaac (Isaac's sons - Saac's sons - Saxons).

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

MrRoboto wrote: You're probably right. I found this website pretty interesting. It talks about the lost tribes and how the saxons are descendents of Isaac (Isaac's sons - Saac's sons - Saxons).
Saxon means "a short sword or a dagger."

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

urroner wrote:
MrRoboto wrote: You're probably right. I found this website pretty interesting. It talks about the lost tribes and how the saxons are descendents of Isaac (Isaac's sons - Saac's sons - Saxons).
Saxon? Or "sacks on." As opposed to "sacks off" which is what they use up north.

MrRoboto
Gray Shirt

Post by MrRoboto »

urroner wrote:
I don't want to argue with you as I know very little about the subject, but this is what some dude(Richard T. Ritenbaugh) on the interwebs said about the origins of the word:
After Assyria fell, ancient records tell of a new people living around the shores of the Caspian Sea. These people were variously known as Sakai, Sacae, Sagetae, Sakki, Scyths, Scythians, Scuths, Scuits, Scolotoi, and Scots. In his book The Tribes, Yair Davidy writes:

SACCAE was the contemporary Middle Eastern term for Scyth and the name is believed to be a derivative of 'Isaac'. The appellation 'Saxe' or 'Saxon' is a further development of the same name. (p. 128)

Sharon Turner, author of History of the Anglo-Saxons, agrees, "Saka-Suna or the Sons of Sakai abbreviated into Saksun, which is the same sound as Saxon, seems a reasonable etymology of the word 'Saxon'" (p. 87). It takes no great leap of reason to conclude that "Saxons" is a corrupted form of "Isaac's sons."
http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseact ... s-Sons.htm

I'm not sure if any of it is true, and it really doesn't matter, but I find it all interesting and it may explain why most white Mormon Americans seem to be in the tribes of Ephraim and Menasseh.