So I have a question

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
HoosierCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: So I have a question

Post by HoosierCougar »

never banned, though posting less and less as the inanity becomes more pervasive. I have considered testing the mods by posting ID10T repeatedly after stupid posts, but I just haven't been there much since I read a Mars post mentioning Kiwi's banishment and presence here. Somehow it just doesn't seem worth my time...

I lurked here for a while, then joined.

<faux overly sentimental voice>Thank you so much for being here ;) </faux overly sentimental voice>

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

It'll be interesting to see how long this board remains viable. This is probably the fifth or sixth cougar fan board I've frequented in the last 10 years. I started on Cougar Fan. Then migrated to Cougar Board. Then it was Cougar Blue (back when it was a pay site and Dick Harmon ran it). Then it was Total Blue Sports. Then I moved to Cougar Blue II and now Cougar Corner. In all previous sites, the trolls eventually took over. We'll see how long it takes here. Hopefully a few years.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

kitic77 wrote:It'll be interesting to see how long this board remains viable. This is probably the fifth or sixth cougar fan board I've frequented in the last 10 years. I started on Cougar Fan. Then migrated to Cougar Board. Then it was Cougar Blue (back when it was a pay site and Dick Harmon ran it). Then it was Total Blue Sports. Then I moved to Cougar Blue II and now Cougar Corner. In all previous sites, the trolls eventually took over. We'll see how long it takes here. Hopefully a few years.
I will have more faith in the moderators on this board to allow that to happen.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

kitic77 wrote:It'll be interesting to see how long this board remains viable. This is probably the fifth or sixth cougar fan board I've frequented in the last 10 years. I started on Cougar Fan. Then migrated to Cougar Board. Then it was Cougar Blue (back when it was a pay site and Dick Harmon ran it). Then it was Total Blue Sports. Then I moved to Cougar Blue II and now Cougar Corner. In all previous sites, the trolls eventually took over. We'll see how long it takes here. Hopefully a few years.
You make a really good point. Nothing lasts forever, but I know that I plan on maintaining this site until I'm a week dead. Then I'll be passing it onto my children. So I'm giving this site about 200 years before the trolls start over running it.

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

hawkwing wrote:
You make a really good point. Nothing lasts forever, but I know that I plan on maintaining this site until I'm a week dead. Then I'll be passing it onto my children. So I'm giving this site about 200 years before the trolls start over running it.
I for one will be praying for hawkwing to live as long as methuselah. :D

CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

kitic77 wrote:Then it was Cougar Blue (back when it was a pay site and Dick Harmon ran it).
Holy cow. :lol:

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote:
Has Utah repealed the rule against perpetuities?

bluesista
Gray Shirt

Post by bluesista »

snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Nope, it just has to vest sometime within 1,000 years. He's good. :)

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

bluesista wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Nope, it just has to vest sometime within 1,000 years. He's good. :)
It's nice being surrounded by smarties.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

TBS has been taken over by trolls? :bug:

I thought the main complaint there was that the board was frequented by grumpy old men who would never consider painting their face, welcoming the team home at the airport, standing the whole game, or anything that involves energy and emotion.

Oh, plus mcgregor said they lost a bunch of their insider info, and that hardly anyone with direct football ties says squat there anymore.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars