What now?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Does Anae still have a job?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 26

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: What now?

Post by SpiffCoug »

Most teams don't beat Top 15 teams with great regularity. This year's top 15 teams have a combined 18 losses between them. They're a combined 166-18 (.902). Top 15 don't lose a whole lot.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Wickchad84087 wrote:Every game has some of these gems with Anae calling the plays:

2nd and 1 and we run a screen pass for -3 yards.

1st and goal from the 1 yard line. We line up in the shotgun and try to run the ball for -1 yards.

At this point I just shake my head when he does things like that. We still win in spite of Anae. I can only imagine how good we could be with a coach that can actually out game plan the opposition.
yeah, that stuff never happens with other teams. Other teams always score from the 1 yard line.

pikoi
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by pikoi »

declocoug wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:Every game has some of these gems with Anae calling the plays:

1st and goal from the 1 yard line. We line up in the shotgun and try to run the ball for -1 yards.

At this point I just shake my head when he does things like that. We still win in spite of Anae. I can only imagine how good we could be with a coach that can actually out game plan the opposition.
yeah, that stuff never happens with other teams. Other teams always score from the 1 yard line.
You are right, plenty of running plays go for negative yards on 1st and goal from the one foot line. Its just odd to lineup on the goal line in a shotgun formation and then try a delayed run up the middle when you have a team that is nearly guaranteed to get 1 yard out of the I-formation.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

pikoi wrote:
declocoug wrote:

You are right, plenty of running plays go for negative yards on 1st and goal from the one foot line. Its just odd to lineup on the goal line in a shotgun formation and then try a delayed run up the middle when you have a team that is nearly guaranteed to get 1 yard out of the I-formation.
I agree with the shotgun. Go power I and run some play action if you want to pass.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BYU had 24 3&Outs before the bye week. We had five after the bye.
Before the bye: 18 plays of 20 or more yards. After the bye: 25 plays.
Before the bye: 16 conversions on 3&7 or longer on 70 attempts. After the bye: 16 conversions on 40 attempts.
Before the bye: 303 ypg. After the bye: 469 ypg.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

It is not so much that I am plugged in, because I am not. Just that some people my brother knows are REALLY plugged in. He is typically my source, and it is very reliable.

If changes are made, and I believe that are already in motion based upon what I have been told, it is about more than game planning, play calling, etc. Other things there are more of a reason, but those things are part of it. Bronco is really looking to instill his culture, and not just on the defensive side of the ball.

Regardless, I wish any coach who is at BYU now well. Families are involved, so it is always a tough deal. But sometimes changes have to be made to keep things moving forward.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

a good game - mainly due to great performances by our young and old players alike - won this game.

Anae is still useless and needs to go.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

We can and will do better than Robert Anae.

Bronco wants a national title and I don't think he thinks Anae is the guy to get him there. He has proven that much. 10- and 11- win seasons aren't enough to get us a title.

He will be gone.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

Anae's playcalling: He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. He'll be nit-picked like no other, for as long as he's here.

It's probably better for Anae and his family to step down, instead of getting canned. Is there use for Anae in other things than playing OC?

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

BigCougsFan wrote:Anae's playcalling: He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. He'll be nit-picked like no other, for as long as he's here.

It's probably better for Anae and his family to step down, instead of getting canned. Is there use for Anae in other things than playing OC?

Yeah, he is pretty good at mismanaging his position groups, too.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: