BYU's Announcement Will Be...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

BYU in the MWC in all sports! No concessions.
No votes
BYU in the MWC in all sports! Independent TV deal!
29%
BYU Football Independent! MWC for other sports!
20%
BYU Football Independent! WAC for other sports!
4%
BYU Football Independent! WCC for other sports!
33%
Accepting an invitation to the BIG 12!
4%
Accepting and invitation to the BIG 12 w/Notre Dame! Independent TV (ND too)!
9%

Total votes: 45

CannonCougar85
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Post by CannonCougar85 »

You are allowed to change your vote. And I'd like to know what day this announcement will happen. Tomorrow, Thursday, Friday, etc...
Last edited by CannonCougar85 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
Airwolf
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU is OK

Re: BYU's Announcement Will Be...

Post by Airwolf »

The football program needs to get out of the MWC desperately because as long as the Cougs are playing 6 patises every year, they aren't going to get the respect nationally to be able to compete for a national title, especially when they struggle with good non-conference foes, TCU and Utah. Their SOS needs to start going up, but the problem with that is their wins will start declining.

JamieVallen
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by JamieVallen »

I can't believe so many of you choose BYU will remain in the Mtn. West and get an independent TV deal... Talk about naive. For that to happen comcast and CBS would have to sign off on it. Why would they give up their biggest piece of the Mtn. West puzzle (BYU in football) for absolutely nothing? I mean it's common sense! Am I missing something?!? Don't even give me the answer, well they could still have BYU basketball games, no! There's not enough money there for it to mean a dag gone thing to them! It's like if you were standing there listening to a brand new iPod touch, and somebody walked up to you and said, Hey Can I have that? and you respond, "Well I don't know... I guess so!" and the person that now has your ipod says thanks! I'll leave you with the case cover. and somehow you'd be happy with that and just let that happen?

StatsCougar
BLUEshirt

Post by StatsCougar »

jmvcougar wrote:I can't believe so many of you choose BYU will remain in the Mtn. West and get an independent TV deal... Talk about naive. For that to happen comcast and CBS would have to sign off on it. Why would they give up their biggest piece of the Mtn. West puzzle (BYU in football) for absolutely nothing? I mean it's common sense! Am I missing something?!? Don't even give me the answer, well they could still have BYU basketball games, no! There's not enough money there for it to mean a dag gone thing to them! It's like if you were standing there listening to a brand new iPod touch, and somebody walked up to you and said, Hey Can I have that? and you respond, "Well I don't know... I guess so!" and the person that now has your ipod says thanks! I'll leave you with the case cover. and somehow you'd be happy with that and just let that happen?
Comcast would give it up, to broadcast BYU's away games. Some BYU football would be better then no BYU football. This would allow them to keep most of the ads from companies in Utah as well. They should know they can't have the whole pie by now, so they should be happy to settle for a piece.

JamieVallen
Sophomore

Post by JamieVallen »

StatsCougar wrote:
jmvcougar wrote:I can't believe so many of you choose BYU will remain in the Mtn. West and get an independent TV deal... Talk about naive. For that to happen comcast and CBS would have to sign off on it. Why would they give up their biggest piece of the Mtn. West puzzle (BYU in football) for absolutely nothing? I mean it's common sense! Am I missing something?!? Don't even give me the answer, well they could still have BYU basketball games, no! There's not enough money there for it to mean a dag gone thing to them! It's like if you were standing there listening to a brand new iPod touch, and somebody walked up to you and said, Hey Can I have that? and you respond, "Well I don't know... I guess so!" and the person that now has your ipod says thanks! I'll leave you with the case cover. and somehow you'd be happy with that and just let that happen?
Comcast would give it up, to broadcast BYU's away games. Some BYU football would be better then no BYU football. This would allow them to keep most of the ads from companies in Utah as well. They should know they can't have the whole pie by now, so they should be happy to settle for a piece.
Sorry I just completely disagree, they have no real motive, as I pointed out and to be honest I feel they know that BYU is very close to being stuck between a rock and a hard place. That's why I hope for BYU to go independent in football alone and the rest of their sports to stay in the mtn. west.

CannonCougar85
All-American

Post by CannonCougar85 »

I apologize, I reset the vote on accident!! Many apologies. But just so you know, "BYU in the MWC. Independent TV Contract" was winning with 73%.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I voted for what I hope will happen.

Yndian
Sophomore

Post by Yndian »

According to Jay Drew's blog, Option 3 isn't an option. That's why I picked the Independent TV Deal option.
* Not sure if this is from Thompson or Schwab, but the idea that BYU could go independent in football and keep its other sports in the MWC is not an option. MWC bylaws state that football is one of four "core" sports that league members must participate in.

BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BYULV »

I voted for the big 12 with ND although I doubt it happens right now but will likely happen a few months down the road after byu goes independent by sept. 1. I'm not sure where they will land their other sports in the meantime, but suspect it will be the WAC for the short term.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

I hope it happens Friday and I hope it's what I heard it would be.
Last edited by Schmoe on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,