From a Longhorn

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: From a Longhorn

Post by Lawboy »

hookemhorns wrote:Hello! Just wanted to say looking forward to seeing you guys down in Austin next year and I think it's really cool the Horns will be making a visit to Provo.I've heard the rumors for some time now in Austin and glad to see it become a reality. Good luck with independence as well!

Heard your stadium was beautiful and cannot wait to see it. Well anyway, good luck this upcoming season and hope that Texas and BYU will schedule each other more often.

Hook em'
Steven
I look forward to coming. I will be there for that game with my brothers and we are pumped. I lived in Dallas as a kid and used to watch the Horns every Saturday during the late 70's Went to the UT-OU game back in 1995 as well--the kiss your sister game. Saw UT play SMU in Dallas one year as well as Texas Stadium. Should be a fun trip.

BYUgrad03
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUgrad03 »

hookemhorns wrote:Hi, regarding the MWC and WAC, honestly, I haven't heard a thing about it down here. Heck, I don't even know the full story and I believe most of us Horn fans really haven't given it a second thought. Bottom line is we're just worried about breaking in our new QB (Garrett Gilbert) and growing depth along the defensive line.

Man, why do some of ya'll have to mention those 80's Longhorns teams? I would like to believe that never happened. ; )

Hey, also looking to see how Ross does for you guys at WR. I've seen him play in high school and he was very good.

Hook em'
Steven
Heard you guys just landed a big time recruit in Malcolm Brown. Congrats. I suspect he'll be your RB when the Horns make it to Provo. The kid's a beast from what I saw on his youtube video.

superchargedcougar
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by superchargedcougar »

hey hookem, i can tell you're a nice guy and we like to bring up the 80's because that's when our only national championship was. Just ignore the people that try to rub old games in your face and bring all to the table when we play you. Every game is a new game and the old ones don't matter when you're playing. Good to see that there are nice people down in Texas. I gotta say i was impressed with Gilbert in the championship game. He seemed to be at least as good as McCoy in that game and had he been playing any other game that year i think you guys would've won (except for that insane Nebraska game.)