Jan's comments

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jan's comments

Post by jonnylingo »

kitic77 wrote:
Short_Change wrote:I think you're missing my whole point. I understand that there are valid points for BYU losing to Washington, but I can't believe that a true and educated Cougar fan would believe that we'd get blown out at home to Washington.
He doesn't believe it. He went to the pre-production meeting and it was decided that the station could generate more discussion and maybe get a bump in the ratings if they had Jan, the former BYU player, pick the upset.
I have to admit that I am sure is just starting to get how when he makes comments he can get reactions and the more reactions he get hte bigger his ego gets and the better job he does. I wouldn't be suprised if that were the case.

MTM
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU is my rival

Post by MTM »

jonnylingo wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
Short_Change wrote:I think you're missing my whole point. I understand that there are valid points for BYU losing to Washington, but I can't believe that a true and educated Cougar fan would believe that we'd get blown out at home to Washington.
He doesn't believe it. He went to the pre-production meeting and it was decided that the station could generate more discussion and maybe get a bump in the ratings if they had Jan, the former BYU player, pick the upset.
I have to admit that I am sure is just starting to get how when he makes comments he can get reactions and the more reactions he get hte bigger his ego gets and the better job he does. I wouldn't be suprised if that were the case.
I think it's that plus he probably feels it gives him some credibility to not be a homer and to try to be objective and he went too far the other way.

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Short_Change »

kitic77 wrote:
What makes you so sure that that is the case? I don't doubt with how arrogant he is that he really does believe that BYU doesn't have a chance because he's not there anymore.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I do think there is a good chance Jan is snubbing the new guys--sort of a "you have to earn my respect";
AND, yes, a point-counterpoint ratings booster.
But I will tell you what is even more laughable and annoying (at least more laughable) than Jan picking Udubadubadoo and their little Locker-dog too (sorry about the mixed movie metaphor), is listening to Jan and Gunther talk Utah Jazz Basketball.
Good grief, that was the most pathetic display of talk-radio I have ever heard. My 20 minute errand for work that day when I listened in would have been better spent listening to Barry Manilow--oh wait, cant find him on the radio anymore, which is exactly what will happen to these two after the football season, when they have no more justification for their radio existence.
Rome might actually be more tolerable listening if I didnt want to hear anything and everything BYU.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

kitic77 wrote: I fully believe if a local station were to spend even an hour day and talk nothing but BYU football, it would be one of the highest rated shows in the market. Even if it was Mars and I talking for an hour, we'd get higher ratings than anyone. People would tune in in droves to a pro-BYU show.
I think my ratings would be huge.
I'm not kidding.

And everytime someone said the word "Ute", I would play the toilet-flushing sound effect.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars