BYU 3, Heisman Contenders 0?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU 3, Heisman Contenders 0?

Post by gmj81 »

Last year BYU knocked Sam Bradford out of Heisman contention in the very first game.

Realistically, how good are the chances of Locker and Ponder to win? And can BYU take out a couple more to push their record to 3-0 the past two years? Will the hype alone be enough?

I really don't think either has a very good shot. Both of their teams were barely decent last year. They should be better this year but I don't think they'll be improved enough for either to have a great shot at actually winning the trophy unless they put up some sick stats and win at least 10 games.

I also think a lot of folks will be underestimating BYU's defense and that we have the talent and potential to knock out some more QB's this year. JP is going to rip some freakin' heads off.

In 2011, we'll likely be facing another contender in Garrett Gilbert of the Horns too.
Last edited by gmj81 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU 3, Heisman Contenders 0?

Post by SpiffCoug »

I hope the team concentrates more on stopping/containing than knocking out/injuring Locker and/or Ponder. Unless by knocking out you mean beating their respective teams.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

kitic77 wrote:I hope the team concentrates more on stopping/containing than knocking out/injuring Locker and/or Ponder. Unless by knocking out you mean beating their respective teams.

Not sure we put a decent hit on Locker is 2008 or Ponder in 2009, so I;d settle for some better tackling in both those games, to be honest. Both those guys torched us.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Well, in the end Locker torched himself, didn't he.

Both those guys are awesome QBs to watch.

BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BigCougsFan »

Yeah... Which makes me scared for what's coming. I just hope Jordan Pendelton and Co. can stop them.