When does Holmoe talk?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

When does Holmoe talk?

Post by stuckinbig10country »

And what will he say?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: When does Holmoe talk?

Post by Lawboy »

stuckinbig10country wrote:And what will he say?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I talked to a guy in my ward who works for BYU in the Athletic Department. He handles NCAA Compliance. Basically, he told me has has not heard anything and that while there is a lot of talk in the AD about what might be going on, no one really knows because no one in the know is talking. He said he really knows nothing and is speculating like everyone else. But he did that say he is certain that Holmoe and Pres. Samuelson have been in contact with the Big 12. He said he has no idea what the talks might be about specifically, but that he is certain something has been discussed.

So my impression is that Holmoe is not talking right now because he is in a position of uncertainty, and he will not make any comments until he has a better grasp on what may or may not happen. He does not want to talk too soon, then blow up any Big 12 talks, or act like something may happen when it could fizzle out and blow up in his face. in other words, he is being very prudent.

StatsCougar
BLUEshirt

Post by StatsCougar »

What is there to say? We're currently in the MWC, and that does not appear to changing in the near future. I can't think of anything that Holmoe needs to say.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

He could make a strong statement about BYU being committed to the MWC and the other schools in the conference. About the MWC working towards a BCS auto bid in football, and great respect in hoops. yet...crickets. And there must be a reason for it.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

at first I thought you were referring to BYU's reaction on Utah's departure which he already did.

I have the same question as Stats... what leads you to say that he's remaining silent on anything?

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

He'll say, "Blah blah blah"
Last edited by BigCougsFan on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

I hope he's has offered to be the lowest paid program in the Big 12 if they'd take us. I don't care if we'd make what we make now or even a little worse, that would all improve with time. One of the main reasons the Big 12 isn't looking to expand is money - they've promised a hefty sum of it to the big boys of the Big 12, in fact, I'll be shocked if they actually live up to the figures they promised some of these teams....

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I hope that the tv contracts blow up on them. Texas really should not make that much money.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

EEEEASY does it Italics! With all due respect to "Your Experienced-ness" on CC, I'm worried for you.
Did you not ever get asked to Sadie-Hawkins?
Your strategy would either suggest you think the MWC ship is going down--not that sinking in two feet of water is much of a loss; OR you're just reifying our mid-major, red-headed-step-childlike entry into the Big 12 (minus 2) Eggos (yes, waffles). Wait...its coming, you'll get it.
See, we dont have to do a "Pick me! Pick me! Oh, please pick me!" routine and be the counter-weight to the bloated UT-LongHogs.
And while I'm mixing my metaphors, do you really want to be a medium-size fish, vastly under-fed ($) in a Big Pond with vastly over-fed Big Fish? How about a Medium size fish in a small pond with occasional other medium size fish (TCU, UTAH)that at least get to bully around the little fish and savor some glory and have sufficient for our needs?
You would prefer to get paid MWC level cash or worse and endure 6-6 or 7-5 seasons; or maybe an occasional 8-4 season? Make the millions count if you're going to get your hat handed to you. Even the Yewties arent that desperate or dumb. The losses may mount, particularly with the majority of the non-major sports, BUT they will get their fair shareof the CASH--for at least as long as that PAC-deBACle holds together.
AND dont even think that eventually we would get more cash after "awhile"! Look what the LongHogs are doing now. You really think they would give up their punch and cookies and prime rib to step-siblings? They dont care about their own siblings now! they would look at our whiny, underfed faces and say, you got your dance invite, now shut up and get in the corner or get out.
Sorry Italics. You may want to Right-size your expectations and hopes. Fortunately, the Brethren and Board are keen business-men. They would not fall for mere scraps off the table nor do they desire to plead for for a King or for entrance into Babylon.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

dmcougar wrote:EEEEASY does it Italics! With all due respect to "Your Experienced-ness" on CC, I'm worried for you.
Did you not ever get asked to Sadie-Hawkins?
Your strategy would either suggest you think the MWC ship is going down--not that sinking in two feet of water is much of a loss; OR you're just reifying our mid-major, red-headed-step-childlike entry into the Big 12 (minus 2) Eggos (yes, waffles). Wait...its coming, you'll get it.
See, we dont have to do a "Pick me! Pick me! Oh, please pick me!" routine and be the counter-weight to the bloated UT-LongHogs.
And while I'm mixing my metaphors, do you really want to be a medium-size fish, vastly under-fed ($) in a Big Pond with vastly over-fed Big Fish? How about a Medium size fish in a small pond with occasional other medium size fish (TCU, UTAH)that at least get to bully around the little fish and savor some glory and have sufficient for our needs?
You would prefer to get paid MWC level cash or worse and endure 6-6 or 7-5 seasons; or maybe an occasional 8-4 season? Make the millions count if you're going to get your hat handed to you. Even the Yewties arent that desperate or dumb. The losses may mount, particularly with the majority of the non-major sports, BUT they will get their fair shareof the CASH--for at least as long as that PAC-deBACle holds together.
AND dont even think that eventually we would get more cash after "awhile"! Look what the LongHogs are doing now. You really think they would give up their punch and cookies and prime rib to step-siblings? They dont care about their own siblings now! they would look at our whiny, underfed faces and say, you got your dance invite, now shut up and get in the corner or get out.
Sorry Italics. You may want to Right-size your expectations and hopes. Fortunately, the Brethren and Board are keen business-men. They would not fall for mere scraps off the table nor do they desire to plead for for a King or for entrance into Babylon.
Hold it... what?

Wait a second...

*smokes a joint*

hmm... not doing it...

*sniffs some crack*

.... hmmm.... still not doing it...

*eats some shrooms*

Okay, while I understand where you're coming from, I disagree. It really all comes down to a simple fact: Being in a BCS conference >>>>>>>>>>>>> Being in the MWC
I wouldn't care if we were making less money than every other team, we are better than 50% of them already making what we've got. Being in a BCS conference improves many things - sure, money is the most noticeable, but it's not like a BYU that earns the same figures from TV revenue in the Big 12 would be the equivalent of a BYU in the MWC.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm having some pretty messed up hallucinations right now, so I think I need to go to bed. Or to the hospital.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care