Kyle Van Noy

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
cougarsunited
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Kyle Van Noy

Post by cougarsunited »

jonnylingo wrote:Losing Kyle would be a HUGE deal for this season. our d relies on the mlb big time and losing him where we are already thin on experience and talent would be a big deal.

get it together kyle. we need you. you are already one of the fan favorites and you haven't even played a game yet. don't blow it.
True, true, true... this guy will be essential to our thin defense...

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

I do not think our defense is thin at all. I think it is inexperienced, but the young guys we have can really play. Our younger guys in the LB position are more highly recruited than the older guys. Same with the DL position. And we have the most depth in the secondary with skilled guys we might have had since 1996. By seasons end, I expect this unit to be really good. And next year to be a dominant group.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

My read on this is that Van Noy made a minor mistake, but given his history, he gets to walk a finer line at BYU and Bronco was quick to jerk his chain the first time a red flag went up to send a message.

Van Noy is going to be a great asset to the Cougs, on and off the field.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/mes ... id=5396108

The OP on this thread asserts that what KVN did wasn't anything serious but wasn't anything that will fly at BYU either. Certainly nothing worthy of being tossed off the team as some of you have already projected.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

gmj81 wrote:http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/mes ... id=5396108

The OP on this thread asserts that what KVN did wasn't anything serious but wasn't anything that will fly at BYU either. Certainly nothing worthy of being tossed off the team as some of you have already projected.
Ohhhh... The famous "I know a source that knows a source" board. I can't believe what anyone says on that site... I highly doubt that this poster on this topic really knows anything about said topic. Why go through all that hassle to say something, and not tell it all??? Just remain anonymous.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

I heard Van Noy got in a fist fight with Chad Lewis and that's why Chad refuses to coach at BYU.My source wouldn't say who won the fight though...

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

CougarClaw wrote:

I heard Van Noy got in a fist fight with Chad Lewis and that's why Chad refuses to coach at BYU.My source wouldn't say who won the fight though...
I heard Chad Lewis wanted to be a coach and they wouldn't let him so Coach Mendenhall disciplined Van Noy to make a point . . . I can't reveal my source, but be assured this will all come to light in the fall . . . you heard it here first ;)

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

He got disciplined because we lost to FSU and we would have won, if he was here to play outside LB. Just making a point that we need him in there this year.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I agree w/ "gmj81" - I'd be willing to bet it was a team rule. Bronco is sending a message - a good jerk on the choke chain w/ a little love! I believe Kyle will respond. Look - he suffered through a year to get where he is now. He's committed & will impact the program in a positive way.
8)

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Ha-ha-ha!! Yeah - he ate a Ding-dong & chased it w/ Cherry Coke!!!! Hoo-rah!!!
:crazy: