New Commit

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

New Commit

Post by scott715 »

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p ... &tb=1&pb=1

Various recruiting-related Web sites are reporting that BYU has received an oral commitment from Bingham High football player Kesni Tausinga, a defefnsive tackle who will be a senior this fall.
Tausinga becomes the seventh member of the Class of 2011 to commit to BYU.
Tausinga, a defensive tackle, is 6-foot, 265 pounds.
He’s the fourth player from Bingham to commit to BYU, joining Manoa Pikula, Baker Pritchard and Moses Kaumatule.

Is this old news? Scout has it dated 2/27/10.

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: New Commit

Post by scott715 »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... o-BYU.html

Deseret News reporting the same thing. It must be a new one.

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

This is really strange. Usually the Trib and DesNews don't wait two hours to report what they learned from their TBS subscription. Yet here they are finally reporting this like it's hot off the press when it's over a month old already.

http://byu.scout.com/2/949753.html dated 2/27.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Old news ..... new news ..... any news about a quality commit for the Cougs is GOOD news to me. But, I am a little biased.
8)

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Isn't there another big recruit from that High School that we are waiting on? I thought that was who they were talking about.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

scott715 wrote:Isn't there another big recruit from that High School that we are waiting on? I thought that was who they were talking about.
You're probably thinking of running back Harvey Langi from Bingham H.S. I bet he'll attend some BCS school anyways. Sounds like he'll go on a mission, too.

http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=3819396

KYCoug
Sophomore

Post by KYCoug »

Don't want to sound negative here because I'm not at all, but at 6'0" 265lbs (Trib article says 6'1" 275) for a DT seems a little small. He'll be going up against OT's who are 6-8 inches taller and 60plus pounds heaver and on the interior line would be bottled up more to be able to use superior speed if he has it. We've got LB's bigger and probably faster. Like I said I'm not really negative about him, he might be a whale of a ball player but he'll need to do a lot of heavy lifting with his size and that can drag about the 4th quarter.

I do have faith in Bronco though and if he likes him, that's really all I need to know. Hopefully he can grow a bit more his senior year.

Anyone have any more info on him?

Go Cougs!
L Hatton
Louisville KY

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

KYCoug wrote:Don't want to sound negative here because I'm not at all, but at 6'0" 265lbs (Trib article says 6'1" 275) for a DT seems a little small. He'll be going up against OT's who are 6-8 inches taller and 60plus pounds heaver and on the interior line would be bottled up more to be able to use superior speed if he has it. We've got LB's bigger and probably faster. Like I said I'm not really negative about him, he might be a whale of a ball player but he'll need to do a lot of heavy lifting with his size and that can drag about the 4th quarter.

I do have faith in Bronco though and if he likes him, that's really all I need to know. Hopefully he can grow a bit more his senior year.

Go Cougs!
L Hatton
Louisville KY
So he's got either 6lbs or 16lbs on Jan Jorgensen. If Bronco offered him a scholie he's big enough for me.

Loyal Strong True
YBrit
All-American

Post by YBrit »

He's also a wrestler http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/cove ... er-park-wa

He's also a rugby player for Highland.

He's an athlete.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

BerliNY wrote:
KYCoug wrote:Don't want to sound negative here because I'm not at all, but at 6'0" 265lbs (Trib article says 6'1" 275) for a DT seems a little small. He'll be going up against OT's who are 6-8 inches taller and 60plus pounds heaver and on the interior line would be bottled up more to be able to use superior speed if he has it. We've got LB's bigger and probably faster. Like I said I'm not really negative about him, he might be a whale of a ball player but he'll need to do a lot of heavy lifting with his size and that can drag about the 4th quarter.

Go Cougs!
L Hatton
Louisville KY
So he's got either 6lbs or 16lbs on Jan Jorgensen. If Bronco offered him a scholie he's big enough for me.
Nevermind that RT played very effectively at 275. But not everybody is going to start their freshman year either. This kid has plenty of time to find the right playing weight to suit his skills. If he doesn't hit it by this fall, all is not lost.