The QB Poll

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Who do you think will win BYU's starting quarterback job?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 am

Riley Nelson
17%
Jake Heaps
77%
James Lark
4%
Jason Munns
2%

Total votes: 47

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

The QB Poll

Post by Mars »

Who do you think will win BYU's starting quarterback job?

http://universe.byu.edu/node/7102

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: The QB Poll

Post by urroner »

I have no idea who will start as QB. I live too far away and not as invested in BYU sports as a righteous man and faithful priesthood bearer should be.
Coach Whittingham dies and goes to the Pearly Gates and is met by Mars there, St. Peter had the day off. Coach W asks Mars where he was going to live and Mars takes him to a nice little cottage with a beautiful garden, a white picket fence, and a gorgeous water fountain in the middle of the yard. Mars tells him that this is about the best it ever gets in Heaven. Coach looks around and all he can see are dwelling places similar to his, some a little better, but most of not as good. He is happy.

Some time latter, while Mars is doing whatever Mars does, Coach W comes roaring up, and he's cussing up a storm. Mars finally gets him to calm down and explain with his indoor voice what the problem is.

"Why, I just can't believe it. You lied to me. There I am, going out for a nice walk and I hear this music coming from over the hill. As I got closer, I realized that it was the Cougar Fight Song being sung over and over and over again. I thought that this was probably where Coach Bronco lived. So as I come over the hill, I find this beautiful mansion with BYU flags flying all over the place. The angels were singing the fight song and the '08 and '09 games between the U and the Y were being played over and over again on an outdoor screen. Coach Bronco's name was even in blazing lights over the football stadium in the back yard. I can't believe this. I live a good life and I get a little cottage and Bronco lives a good life and he gets a mansion with a outdoor theater and a huge 200,000 seat football stadium in a small corner of his backyard. What gives here?"

Mars said, "Oh, that isn't Bronco place, that's the Lord's place."
I hope that Heap gets it because it'll be awesome to have a four-year quarter back who will break all sorts of records and attract all sorts of awesome players to the team.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Wickchad
All-American

Post by Wickchad »

What about Andrew Pulsipher? Is this kid even getting a look in practice?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I voted for Heaps because thus far Nelson has not done much, if anything, to separate himself from Heaps. I fully believe BYU coaches would love to start Nelson which would allow them to RS Heaps. An RS will allow Heaps to further mature and develop physically while he learns over the next two years and runs the scout team. But I said months ago that if Riley wants to be the starter he has to be head and shoulders better. He has to give coaches a reason not to go with the younger kid with more upside. The longer there is no separation the more coaches will begin to lean towards Heaps. Just my opinion. I still would like Heaps to RS as I think it would be better both for his career and BYU's future.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

I'm a fan of Heaps redshirting. So, that makes me a fan of either other QB that will win us games. I like Nelson's ability to run and don't know anything about Lark.

pwride-Imposter

Post by pwride-Imposter »

I think after the first five practices, we would all have to admitt that none of the three canidates have lived up to their billing; while they may have been able to lead a high school football team to a few victories, they will be overmatched at the college level. That is where Munns comes in. He has a nice personality and his name has a nice ring to it.
Bronco knows Munns will end up as the starter and that is why he said a starter will not be named until Fall. It is obvious he is waiting for Munns to make his grand entrance.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

pwride wrote:I think after the first five practices, we would all have to admitt that none of the three canidates have lived up to their billing; while they may have been able to lead a high school football team to a few victories, they will be overmatched at the college level. That is where Munns comes in. He has a nice personality and his name has a nice ring to it.
Bronco knows Munns will end up as the starter and that is why he said a starter will not be named until Fall. It is obvious he is waiting for Munns to make his grand entrance.
Are you Munns??? :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:
pwride wrote:I think after the first five practices, we would all have to admitt that none of the three canidates have lived up to their billing
I was thinking the opposite of your opinion. But, then again... You must be a relative or friend with a comment like that.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

BigCougsFan wrote: I was thinking the opposite of your opinion. But, then again... You must be a relative or friend with a comment like that.
Pwide is a super-fan who got burned out on the average BYU fans and became severely sarcastic as a defense mechanism.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

We may need to put a warning label on Pwride's posts.... never ever to be taken seriously.

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

Wickchad84087 wrote:What about Andrew Pulsipher? Is this kid even getting a look in practice?
I believe he's headed out on a mission after this semester. From what I understand, he greyshirted in the fall but was a full-time student and walk-on during the winter so he should still have five to play four when he returns from his mission.