BYU to Recruit More Private Christian Schools

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU to Recruit More Private Christian Schools

Post by Lawboy »

I think Bronco is taking the right approach in the regard that he is promoting the strengths of BYU as an institution, rather than the perceived weaknesses, then targeting kids with skill and talent and the character to live up to the university standards. Religious parents love that their kids will be at a university where their kids are expected to live up to a standard many of them already aspire to. Sell what you are, and do not be afraid of what you aren't. Many kids will focus on what you aren't, and that just means that they are a bad fit anyway. But the ones who like what you are will elevate this program in their local communities. That is good for many reasons.

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

Lawboy wrote:I think Bronco is taking the right approach in the regard that he is promoting the strengths of BYU as an institution, rather than the perceived weaknesses, then targeting kids with skill and talent and the character to live up to the university standards. Religious parents love that their kids will be at a university where their kids are expected to live up to a standard many of them already aspire to. Sell what you are, and do not be afraid of what you aren't. Many kids will focus on what you aren't, and that just means that they are a bad fit anyway. But the ones who like what you are will elevate this program in their local communities. That is good for many reasons.
Isn't it amazing that besides turning around the football program, Bronco has made a huge change in the perception of the team and of the school, despite what the :utard: :utard: have to say about his "arrogance?" Fools always hold the great ones in derision, but "by their fruits ye shall know them."

I think the question about Tebow has merit, and we are beginning to see more and more of that effect. Players like JJ who drive 10 hours through the night to commit to Bronco's face, and like Q, who cut off his signature long hair to come to BYU, Because they like the environment, are a big deal. That speaks volumes about what Bronco is doing with the program (after many of our fans cried loudly a few years ago, about how we could never win with the standards required at BYU). It's only getting better! :love: :love:

bluebrotha
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by bluebrotha »

Why doesn't the church just create a few private high schools of their own outside of Utah ? Phoenix, Vegas, Orange County would be good places for pilot programs. Call it Liahona High School or something. (There actually exists a LDS Liahona High School in Samoa)

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

I know the answer to that. They have put their money in America into higher education. We have BYU, BYUI, BYUH and LDS Business, plus a large seminary and institute system. There won't be anymore LDS schools in the US, because the rest of the church's education money is going, and will go to countrys that need it more, in the form of primary and secondary schools. There are many such schools, especially in the islands.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

Is that Samoan school being closed or another one out there. I read something about it.

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

I don't know the answer to that.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic